OT: And of course, L'ville will be severely punished

bonwich

25 minutes ago, Old guy said:

To answer your question Cowboy, there is no case against UNC as far as I know.

That is erroneous. 

http://foxs.pt/2elt1FP

UNC has cleverly asserted that the NCAA has no jurisdiction in the matter because it's covered by UNC's academic accreditation agency. 

I predict that UNC will be punished just as severely as Louisville, if not less so. :)

OK this proves two things: 1. I really do not know much about basketball as a sport, certainly not what is going on in other programs and nothing about the NCAA other than it exists. 2. UNC has access to capable lawyers, they may not be punished as much as you believe they will, just let the lawyers do their thing.

35 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Does this mean that Louisville will have to forfeit that zebra aided NCAA Tournament "Win" over SLU in the 2014 Round of 32, which would give SLU its elusive Sweet 16 appearance, the criterion perpetually held against SLU by Big East observers sitting on high?

My understanding is that, unlike with Olympic medals, having an opponent "vacate" a win does not permit a school to claim that game as a win.

3 hours ago, Old guy said:

OK this proves two things: 1. I really do not know much about basketball as a sport, certainly not what is going on in other programs and nothing about the NCAA other than it exists. 2. UNC has access to capable lawyers, they may not be punished as much as you believe they will, just let the lawyers do their thing.

I'm sure i am in the minority on this but I believe NC is going to get hammered . If their punishment was going to be minor it would have happened by now.. .When they took down Jim Boeheim and Larry Brown that signaled even the big boys can be had. 

13 hours ago, almaman said:

My understanding is that, unlike with Olympic medals, having an opponent "vacate" a win does not permit a school to claim that game as a win

Trump would

Can't help yourself? Please don't otherwise this board is going to get very divided quickly. This isn't the place for your political commentary.

Nothing will happen to U of L; they have a Catholic priest sitting on the bench, as to keep Pitino's "Holier Than Thou" image in tact. Papa John's is running a "Scholarship Reduction BOGO" special for those affected.

"Forgive them, Father, for they do not know what they do."

-Rick Pitino to the NCAA Infractions Committee

hn_father_bradley_5732_6201719_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

1 hour ago, hsmith19 said:

Yes, let's keep this a politically correct safe space. I would hate for anyone to get offended.

Oh, this board's raison d'être is offending people. (And eff anyone who doesn't know what that means. Where'd you go to school? Dayton? ;)

But we prefer to keep the discussion centered on SLU athletics. 

17 hours ago, hsmith19 said:

Yes, let's keep this a politically correct safe space. I would hate for anyone to get offended.

It's not that someone will be offended.  it's that someone will respond in kind, then a rebuttal, and then it escalates and gets out of hand. We had politics before in an off season board and it wasn't good. Doesn't seem all that difficult to just refrain from posting political opinions.