Who Is In Your Rotation

HoosierPal

5 best players are Crawford, Bishop, Agbeko, Welmer, & Roby.  There are your starters.

There is no way we have enough depth or talent to start a C and a PF.  Gillmann will not start, Neufeld has to improve a lot.  Best bet is just to play Reggie with 4 perimeter players.

I hope to see a couple practices next week and check out Johnson and Moore.  Leaning more toward the former being a contributor this season.

14 hours ago, thetorch said:

5 best players are Crawford, Bishop, Agbeko, Welmer, & Roby.  There are your starters.

There is no way we have enough depth or talent to start a C and a PF.  Gillmann will not start, Neufeld has to improve a lot.  Best bet is just to play Reggie with 4 perimeter players.

I hope to see a couple practices next week and check out Johnson and Moore.  Leaning more toward the former being a contributor this season.

I tend to agree with this and was surprised how many posters have either Gillmann or Neufeld penciled in as a starter. Absent significant improvement from those two I think we are better off playing with Agbeko at the 5 and likely Welmer at the 4 (or one of the freshmen in the starting lineup). Last season when we went small and had some success, Ash was a key piece to that due to his ability to rebound from the guard position, so hopefully Roby can fill some of that or Welmer who has more traditional post length. With the lack of numbers I am sure we will see all possible lineups fairly quickly. The lack of athleticism on the roster is really apparent now that I think about potential lineups. It is also crazy to think how different our lineup will look a year from now when you add Foreman, Henriquez, Bess, and Goodwin.

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

I tend to agree with this and was surprised how many posters have either Gillmann or Neufeld penciled in as a starter. Absent significant improvement from those two I think we are better off playing with Agbeko at the 5 and likely Welmer at the 4 (or one of the freshmen in the starting lineup). Last season when we went small and had some success, Ash was a key piece to that due to his ability to rebound from the guard position, so hopefully Roby can fill some of that or Welmer who has more traditional post length. With the lack of numbers I am sure we will see all possible lineups fairly quickly. The lack of athleticism on the roster is really apparent now that I think about potential lineups. It is also crazy to think how different our lineup will look a year from now when you add Foreman, Henriquez, Bess, and Goodwin.

Wishful thinking for me when I project Neufeld as a starter because I am hoping Neufeld got stronger and a year of experience will improve his play.

All I am hoping for at the center position is that Neufeld can play defense and rebound and I think that should earn him a starting spot.

I agree 100 percent with your comments about how different next seasons lineup will look, fun to watch.

HoosierPal, to make you feel better, the dislocated finger is not a very major problem. However it may require the use of taping of the finger for playing and thus it may reduce his effectiveness as a shooter. Give him a few days, he should be back in practice.

9 hours ago, hsmith19 said:

At OK State Ford showed the exact opposite of Crews' tendency to play tall guys just to have one on the court. So we'll probably see Agbeko plus four guards a lot. But Agbeko can't play 40 minutes a game.

Well, technically, there are 40 minutes in a game, so yes he can.  On a side note, you just diagnosed the one person we can't afford to lose at all.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

HoosierPal, to make you feel better, the dislocated finger is not a very major problem. However it may require the use of taping of the finger for playing and thus it may reduce his effectiveness as a shooter. Give him a few days, he should be back in practice.

Yes, I understand.  But didn't Roby have a nearly season long issue with a finger last year?  He had two taped until the final few games.  I believe he dislocated it early in the season and it was reported that it definitely effected his shot. 

I know someone already mentioned this, but to me its really noticeable how much size Gillmann put on.  Maybe Im just seeing things; but the kid looks like he really hit the gym hard since last season.  Maybe the team photo is deceiving.....

CuvK_eWUkAAqu8d.jpg-large.jpeg

1 minute ago, gravilst said:

I know someone already mentioned this, but to me its really noticeable how much size Gillmann put on.  Maybe Im just seeing things; but the kid looks like he really hit the gym hard since last season.  Maybe the team photo is deceiving.....

CuvK_eWUkAAqu8d.jpg-large.jpeg

Gilmann definitely looks bigger in that picture.  Neufeld looks bigger and with more muscle definition than I thought he would just having gotten over mono.

22 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Yes, I understand.  But didn't Roby have a nearly season long issue with a finger last year?  He had two taped until the final few games.  I believe he dislocated it early in the season and it was reported that it definitely effected his shot. 

Roby's problems last season went much deeper than just having finger taped which affected his shooting. He did mention himself what a mess in terms of organization and playing coordination last season was. I think he probably will show significant improvement with Ford. I have high hopes for Johnson with or without taped fingers.