Kudos to Soccer Bills' Saadiq Mohammed

HoosierPal

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Or we could just get rid of him. He's clearly nothing but a troll.

Hey Skip.  This is an example as to why others, and myself, left the board.....I will say on a side, note about this upcoming weekend..... 3 of 4 NCAA College Cup Semifinal teams were SLU opponents this year, Wake Forest, Denver, and North Carolina.  Denver has not lost a regular season game in two years.  7 of 9 SLU non-conference opponents this year were NCAA tournament teams.  5 of those were road games, and 2 were home games.  So the schedule was good if not quite balanced enough home/road.  

1 hour ago, keyser soze said:

You really want examples?  Are you that stupid Schaper?  Should we use your stltoday history as exhibit A?  How many times you been banned over there Schaper? How many usernames?  Subway Schaper....

I can give you a little help on TrollPants' usernames.  When I still posted on SLUTalk, I put TrollPants on IGNORE every time he came on with a new user name.  I just checked, and I Ignored him using 22 different, and banned, user names. I am sure I missed many.  Pathetic.  I think there is your definition of trolling.

I worked at a large regional bank several years ago and someone sent out an email with about 500 people on CC instead of BCC. Someone replied all with a question, and then someone with another question, and then the next 12 or so emails were people begging other people not to reply all...by replying all. There was nothing I could do to stop it.

Just don't reply. It's so simple. I've been watching this "don't feed the troll" thing with the same user for a few months now, hoping it will just end but it hasn't. Please, everyone:

1. Click on your username in the top right corner

2. Click "Ignored Users"

3. In the "Add new user to ignore list" at the top of that page, add Tilkowsky

4. Check all three boxes

5. Click submit, and you're done

6. (Ongoing) Fight the temptation to click "Options - Show this post" when you see a blocked Tilkowsky post.

15 hours ago, keyser soze said:

You really want examples?  Are you that stupid Schaper?  Should we use your stltoday history as exhibit A?  How many times you been banned over there Schaper? How many usernames?  Subway Schaper....

Do you have any links stlwaino?

14 hours ago, courtside said:

Hey Skip.  This is an example as to why others, and myself, left the board.....I will say on a side, note about this upcoming weekend..... 3 of 4 NCAA College Cup Semifinal teams were SLU opponents this year, Wake Forest, Denver, and North Carolina.  Denver has not lost a regular season game in two years.  7 of 9 SLU non-conference opponents this year were NCAA tournament teams.  5 of those were road games, and 2 were home games.  So the schedule was good if not quite balanced enough home/road.  

So they get points for playing tough teams?

Funny how you didn't mention them losing to Dayton in the first round of the A-10 tournament?

Give them props for playing a tough schedule yet being under .500? Explain that.

They also lost 5-0 to IU.

It is like SLU fans don't want to admit how bad the soccer team is, why is that?

13 hours ago, William Iken said:

Unbelievable. Pathetic.

How is it unbelievable or pathetic.

Sure it is a great story that he has moved from Somalia to the U.S., but he obviously isn't that great of a player.

Is that what SLU soccer has become, nice stories? Wouldn't you rather have had Martin Kilcoyne talking about how the Bills won their Quarterfinal match last weekend and on their way to College Cup? Their first College Cup since 1997.

I wish they would have put more effort into signing Nick Popovic who attended CBC in St. Louis and was National High School Player of the Year in 2015, as opposed to signing Sadiq Mohammed.

Instead Popovic chose IU over SLU.

On 08/12/2016 at 10:13 PM, Pistol said:

I worked at a large regional bank several years ago and someone sent out an email with about 500 people on CC instead of BCC. Someone replied all with a question, and then someone with another question, and then the next 12 or so emails were people begging other people not to reply all...by replying all. There was nothing I could do to stop it.

Just don't reply. It's so simple. I've been watching this "don't feed the troll" thing with the same user for a few months now, hoping it will just end but it hasn't. Please, everyone:

2. Click "Ignored Users"

4. Check all three boxes

6. (Ongoing) Fight the temptation to click "Options - Show this post" when you see a blocked Tilkowsky post.

It's number 6 that I have trouble with, I admit it.

On 12/8/2016 at 8:13 AM, Pistol said:

2. Click "Ignored Users"

4. Check all three boxes

At my work the same thing happened. Everyone was hitting "reply all" and sending emails to hundreds of people. I got it to stop by replying all, "I would like to put forth the suggestion of having all Thursdays henceforth be Pizza Thursdays." I got reprimanded for "clogging everyone's emails with nonsense" but it got them to change the listserv so even if you were dumb enough to reply all, it would just kick back to you. But yeah, the ignore feature is really great.