PD Article - 2 Oct

SLU_Nick

This Travis Ford quote is awesome --- “We’re not the most athletic team. We may be one of the most unathletic teams in the country,” he said. “So, we’ve got to block out, play physical and use our strengths. We’re totally realistic on who we are right now. We want to be judged this year on how hard we play, how prepared we are and the excitement of our team. We’re not going to get into the wins and losses

Ford seems to be thanking Jimmy Crews one more time. 

4 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

This Travis Ford quote is awesome --- “We’re not the most athletic team. We may be one of the most unathletic teams in the country,” he said. “So, we’ve got to block out, play physical and use our strengths. We’re totally realistic on who we are right now. We want to be judged this year on how hard we play, how prepared we are and the excitement of our team. We’re not going to get into the wins and losses

What article was this from?

9 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

Well, that's one way of looking at it. Let's not forget, both Crews AND Ford just got fired. No one held a gun to his head to take this job either. In other words, I don't think his quote is taking a shot at Crews. He's just telling it like it is.

Just curious, wasn't there a quote from Ford right when he was hired saying something along the lines of "We won't finish in that position in the A10 again." ??  I could swear I heard something like that. 

Anyway, it seems like he's already backing off of that statement. Which is fine. There's a lot of work to do. 

6 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Just curious, wasn't there a quote from Ford right when he was hired saying something along the lines of "We won't finish in that position in the A10 again." ??  I could swear I heard something like that. 

Anyway, it seems like he's already backing off of that statement. Which is fine. There's a lot of work to do. 

You are really reading into one quote.  Sounds like he knows our current roster sucks.  I dont know if I would start saying he is 'backing off' his earlier statements. 

2 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Your last sentence was actually repeated by Coach Ford several times in his press conference when he was asked to evaluate his team.  He already had a good grasp of our talent level coming inAnd yes he did say "I know where we finished. We won't finish there again." Coach Ford is a very competitive person. He needs a goal to strive for, even if it's just a modest one.