Unhealthy Players

cheeseman

Reading Durando's tweet today about Crawford and RA not practicing - yes I know RA only has to go to the dentist this time - these two have been injury prone during their time at SLU.  Does this mean we may only really have 7 schollie players who will actually be able to play?

bottom line.... does it matter? we're going to suck this year. Im okay with that because there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel. We could play 5 dudes out of simon rec for all i care this year. see you in vegas though 

, Injuries will surely deplete this team already low on talent. I expect that to happen.  The positive side of that is that we will very easily see if Welmer, Roby, Neufeld, Moore, Gillmann Bishop and Johnson are keepers or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Never mind Cowboy, I think I found it:  " Travis Ford on Crawford: "They did some tests, and they looked good. It's when he's ready and feels he can go full speed."

The only thing I can say is that it does not look good to me. Hamstring injuries are not simple injuries, it is one of the major muscle bundles in the body, combine that with his prior surgery and the soft tissue injury (which is recurrent), and, whatever the tests say, the prognosis for full fledged play during the season is not very good. That said, this kid is a workhorse, he has played injured and with pain in past couple of seasons, so there is no reason to think he will be staying away from play. The real questions are: 1. How well will he be able to play, and 2. How much will Ford let him play knowing he is hurting himself. I do not know the answers to these questions, but I think he will definitely try to play as much as he can...

Thank you Slu72, I think I referred to the wrong tweet, but my answer is still the same. He is injured and he will try to play injured with possibly a partial recovery, he cannot be expected to play as well as he could without the injury.

Well, this is quite likely because there are hamstring injuries and again there are hamstring injuries, I tore mine in 1975, was in a full leg cast 8 weeks and when the cast came out my leg looked like a string, lots thinner than the other leg. I could not climb stairs using both legs for a long time afterwards. It all depend on how severe his injury was and I do not know how bad it was.

1 hour ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I don't know.  I pulled a hammy once.  It was a decent pop, and after 4 weeks I was basically fine and back to running.  I was quite a bit older too.  It may not be a big deal.

Odds that it's a big deal?

50/50?

have we ever determined old guy has actual medical credentials or does he just stay at a holiday inn express a lot?  what is the basis behind this "knowledge".   

MD Georgetown '71, Internal Medicine residency Georgetown '71-'75, MPH Tropical Diseases and Microbiology Harvard '74, Immunology and Microbiology Harvard '75-'78. I worked 30+ years as a medical director, corporate level, and consulted for multiple HR departments regarding disability, ADA, etc... Happy now?

18 minutes ago, Old guy said:

MD Georgetown '71, Internal Medicine residency Georgetown '71-'75, MPH Tropical Diseases and Microbiology Harvard '74, Immunology and Microbiology Harvard '75-'78. I worked 30+ years as a medical director, corporate level, and consulted for multiple HR departments regarding disability, ADA, etc... Happy now?

Same

28 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Wait for it........where you go to high school?

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Whoa, back up the bus Old Guy.  A Dairy Farmer AND a Medical Doctor.  Don't see that very often. 

Did you pull your hammy chasing a nurse?

Only surprise here is no concentration in neanderthal genetics.

Mic drop...

9 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Whoa, back up the bus Old Guy.  A Dairy Farmer AND a Medical Doctor.  Don't see that very often. 

Did you pull your hammy chasing a nurse?

My father was the one involved in dairy business. I have happy childhood memories of the cows and used to love all about them (including the smell of cow sh_t) when I was a child. Hsmith19 there is not much residual Nehanderthal genes in the current human genome and it is mixed very well with the other genes in the pool. Yes, humans have interbred just about since they became a separate species a very long time ago.