Jalen Johnson - A 10 Impact Freshman

HoosierPal

20 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

I think we've discussed this before on here, but there is a good argument that the South St. Louis use of the term is actually the one consistent with the original definition. Before it became a badge of pride for people in Indiana, the term meant something like "uncouth rustic" across the South and Midwest. There are various theories on why that definition caught back on and/or hung on longer in St. Louis longer than anywhere else, but it's all pretty interesting:

http://www.indiana.edu/~librcsd/internet/extra/hoosier.html

Wow, even for a Hoosier, there is more in the link than I care to read.  But thanks.

12 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Well, that's fine if you don't want to believe the SLU roster.  Your original question was has he gained weight.  The answer is yes, maybe 40 pounds in the past three years.

(BTW, since birth he has probably gained 205 pounds. :lol:)

Well, according to the SLU roster he hasn't gained any weight since last season when he was rail thin.

I'd rather see Neufeld and Welmer get most of the minutes at 5 than Gillmann. Neufeld wasn't great last year, but there's potential there. And before he got hurt last year, we were hearing good things about Welmer. We know what we have in Gillmann, and it isn't an A10 quality starter. He can be useful as a three point threat off the bench in a very limited role. But that's about it in my opinion.