Billikens soccer vs VCU

Tilkowsky

I was there for the first half.  The team is just offensively challenged in my opinion.  Doesn't feel like we can control the game through the midfield.  Often felt like we got 10 guys behind the ball, would pass the ball around the defense, and then hoped to play long ball counter attacks.  Our goal definitely had a bit of luck or was mis-played by VCU.  Pretty normal corner kick that curled in toward the front post.  Not sure if VCU had a defender on the post, but if they did he came off of it.  Ball went straight in as keeper couldn't get across to save it and I think he assumed someone was going to deflect it. 

From what I can understand, McGinty has been telling the team to come out an play defensive and let the other teams hold possession, so we can counter attack. In my opinion this is ridiculous. Especially to do this at home against an opponent we should dominate. From what I have heard a lot of the players are frustrated with the style of play, lack of possession and the fact that once we get the ball, we are instructed to just play long balls. I really think this team is talented and McGinty is taking all that away with his ridiculous playing system. After a few years of no creativity and direct play only, I'm about ready for McGinty to get the boot.

42 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

From what I can understand, McGinty has been telling the team to come out an play defensive and let the other teams hold possession, so we can counter attack. In my opinion this is ridiculous. Especially to do this at home against an opponent we should dominate. From what I have heard a lot of the players are frustrated with the style of play, lack of possession and the fact that once we get the ball, we are instructed to just play long balls. I really think this team is talented and McGinty is taking all that away with his ridiculous playing system. After a few years of no creativity and direct play only, I'm about ready for McGinty to get the boot.

So it has only taken seven years for someone to see McGinty isn't a good coach.

i don't know how talented this team is - I wonder what kind of other offers the players had.

Their record suggests not very talented.

i can only assume no big schools were recruiting these kids.

1 hour ago, Tilkowsky said:

So it has only taken seven years for someone to see McGinty isn't a good coach.

i don't know how talented this team is - I wonder what kind of other offers the players had.

Their record suggests not very talented.

i can only assume no big schools were recruiting these kids.

How pathetic life must be for a soccer troll.......

15 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

How pathetic life must be for a soccer troll.......

You can just see the troll going oh boy, oh boy someone acknowledged me and I must post immediately and keep refreshing for hours for another response.

1 hour ago, DirtyRican said:

My first grade son has 7 goals in his team's first 3 CYC soccer games.  Can he get a scholarship?  He already rocks a sweet Billiken blue headband.

But what does he think about the Mascot?  He needs to set his priorities.....mascot first, then headband, followed closely by number of tweets received.  Education and soccer program are far down the list.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

But what does he think about the Mascot?  He needs to set his priorities.....mascot first, then headband, followed closely by number of tweets received.  Education and soccer program are far down the list.

HoosierPal what do you think of the soccer team?

BillikenRich - What do you think of the soccer team?

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

I haven't told him about the new creature.  I want to capture his reaction at the Ball State game when we enter the Fetz and he lays eyes on him.  I'm mean.