Can TF make SLU another Nova?

bauman

Well I know nothing about playing music to  basketball players and how this may improve performance. However, I do know about the dairy business and how playing soft music to cows while they are being milked and fed increases their milk production. Happy animals are generally more productive, there may be a similarity with happy basketball players in this regard.

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

Well I know nothing about playing music to  basketball players and how this may improve performance. However, I do know about the dairy business and how playing soft music to cows while they are being milked and fed increases their milk production. Happy animals are generally more productive, there may be a similarity with happy basketball players in this regard.

So you think we should milk these players for all they're worth?

6 hours ago, Old guy said:

Oh dear Jesus. Old guy, you are a posting legend. 

13 hours ago, Old guy said:

Old guy, cool.  Are you a Guernsey guy or a Holstein guy?  I'm partial to Holsteins, but I think it depends on if you are hand milking or using machines.  Been part of the business myself, but on the front end and the back end.  A dairy cow can put out a lot of poop.  Transferring that idea to the Bills, do you think Ford has shoveled all the poop out of the Billiken Barn?  Or does more need to go?

On 10/10/2016 at 11:44 AM, slufanskip said:

Jalen seems to be flying a bit under the radar with all of the transfers and then Goodwin's commitment. Most years we'd be talking him up as one of our best recruits. How many times in the past 20 years have we not signed a player ranked any higher than or with more credentials and upside than him

I was at practice and was impressed by his size/length but his shot selection and quickness were not good.  When he was attacking the basket he made some nice plays but took way too many 3's.  Had two contested jumpers blocked during 5 v 5 which illustrates the shot selection problems.  There's potential there but I thought Moore looked more ready as of 10/10. Long way to go obviously. 

8 minutes ago, Billiken4life5 said:

I was at practice and was impressed by his size/length but his shot selection and quickness were not good.  When he was attacking the basket he made some nice plays but took way too many 3's.  Had two contested jumpers blocked during 5 v 5 which illustrates the shot selection problems.  There's potential there but I thought Moore looked more ready as of 10/10. Long way to go obviously. 

Finally!!  A real update on our team.  Can you or anyone else provide more as to what you saw.  As we all know - go see the kids play!!

HoosierPal nice to find someone else with knowledge of dairy practice. The answer to the Holstein Jersey question if both, Holsteins for volume, Jerseys for cream (which is  where the profits are). I do not know if Ford cleaned out all the poop, I hope so but we will see, it is going to be interesting. And I stand by what I said that happy animals (which can be extended to people) are more productive. If Ford can get better practices and more cohesion out of the team by playing music during practice more power to him. As to how the team is performing nowadays, even if I watched practice I would not be able to clearly diagnose how good or no good shot selection by specific players or his potential and or readiness may be. As I see it, the final product (the team's performance) rests on Ford's shoulders, I hope it will be better than what we had last year but that is as much as i can say .

Our problem/long term solution is our three best players will spend the whole season sitting next to Coach Ford.  Bess, AH, and D.J. are substantially better than the returners. Heck just looking at them you can tell that, they're all built like trucks.  AH was a natural scorer although keeping him engaged for an entire season when he isn't playing could be an issue.  Foreman looked like the rebounder/toughness inside that we desperately need.  Like I said, I was impressed with Moore.  He was playing hard and we all know he can shoot it.  Bishop looked good offensively but struggled on a defensive drill and moped a bit.  Roby had several nice steals.  Not a cornerstone guy like he'll be asked to be this year but could still contribute in two years.  Add in Goodwin and Gordon and you'd have all the pieces.  Though you always worry about chemistry with a team with that many transfers and two frosh that haven't played together before. 

49 minutes ago, Billiken4life5 said:

Our problem/long term solution is our three best players will spend the whole season sitting next to Coach Ford.  Bess, AH, and D.J. are substantially better than the returners. Heck just looking at them you can tell that, they're all built like trucks.  AH was a natural scorer although keeping him engaged for an entire season when he isn't playing could be an issue.  Foreman looked like the rebounder/toughness inside that we desperately need.  Like I said, I was impressed with Moore.  He was playing hard and we all know he can shoot it.  Bishop looked good offensively but struggled on a defensive drill and moped a bit.  Roby had several nice steals.  Not a cornerstone guy like he'll be asked to be this year but could still contribute in two years.  Add in Goodwin and Gordon and you'd have all the pieces.  Though you always worry about chemistry with a team with that many transfers and two frosh that haven't played together before. 

Gordon is c/o 2018.  He won't be part of next year's equation.