Old Boys Club report

bonwich

OK, well, if you didn't know there was an Old Boys Club meeting today at the Field House, you weren't important enough to be invited.

Anyway, we received some good first-hand observations about the transfers from our newest initiate -- so good, in fact, that we waived the requirement that the new kid picks up the check. (That and the fact that he's the oldest "new kid" we've admitted since BRoy.)

The only attendee (other than, obviously, me) we'll reveal is The Wiz, because obviously, all-seeing and all-knowing, he was there. He lifted all of our spirits by revealing that this year SLU would probably be raised from an F- to an F+. The Wiz also explained how he and MB73 had finally reached détente when Wiz explained to MB that his model is based on stochastic differential equations. That said, Wiz noted that his latest computer run determined with 99 percent probability that MB73 is dead and has been for up to five years.

Ford had cordially declined our offer to address us because he's on a top-secret trip to Columbia negotiating a ten-year home-and-home deal to play Mizzou. 

The only soccer advocate scheduled to attend had to cancel; thus we didn't have to talk about any of that crap. 

The consensus of The Wisest of Wise MBMs who form the OBC is that this year is going to suck royally, but next year has a very strong probability of being the first of many special successive special seasons. 

Our business concluded, the next meeting was duly scheduled. And, of course, if you don't get the notification, you are a no one, n'est-ce pas?

Everyone is overlooking Elliott "The Beast" Welmer. He's going to be everything we thought Yarbrough could be and then some. Before it's over, The Beast is going to go all D'Andre Bembry on the A-10.

Although I think you may be overly optimistic with your post bilikenbill, the fact does remain that we have 3 new players coming into play this season that we have yet to see play: Welmer, Johnson, and Moore. In addition we have to consider the effect of the new coach and the three transfer red shirts who are helping train or retrain our players. It is not beyond reason that we may wind up having a better season that is expected. Sorry Wiz your F+ prediction may or may not be accurate, after all it all depends on how positive the effects of all of these changes turns out to be, and how low our expectations are. Predictions at this stage in the season are based upon too many unknowns to be accurate, we need to see them play before we can say with any degree of certainty. 

Well, this certainly competes for the most puzzling post of the year so far;  congratulations, Bonwich!  I'm officially worried about all that this implies about the operations of Billikenland.

I really don't know what it's about but if there is some sort of cabal in charge here, I think all contributors should know about it.  You make it sound pretty scary, like the Priory of Sion, or Opus Dei, or Illuminati, or even possibly the Trilateral Commission.  Or the Bilderberg Group; Club of Rome; or Black Hand; or Trump for America... Creepy, dude.

ps: generally, when new people get invited into a group, it's the older members who pay for the new guy.  Just so you know...

11 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Everyone is overlooking Elliott "The Beast" Welmer. He's going to be everything we thought Yarbrough could be and then some. Before it's over, The Beast is going to go all D'Andre Bembry on the A-10.

One of the chosen did, in fact, mention The Beast at length and cite him as the sleeper of the upcoming year. My apologies for not relating that nugget. 

1 hour ago, DoctorB said:

Well, this certainly competes for the most puzzling post of the year so far;  congratulations, Bonwich!  I'm officially worried about all that this implies about the operations of Billikenland.

I really don't know what it's about but if there is some sort of cabal in charge here, I think all contributors should know about it.  You make it sound pretty scary, like the Priory of Sion, or Opus Dei, or Illuminati, or even possibly the Trilateral Commission.  Or the Bilderberg Group; Club of Rome; or Black Hand; or Trump for America... Creepy, dude.

ps: generally, when new people get invited into a group, it's the older members who pay for the new guy.  Just so you know...

Clearly we forgot to distribute Secret Decoder Rings at the meeting. And in this case, luckily "older members" and "new guy" are synonymous.

Plus you forgot the scariest secret society of all: The John Cook Kangaroo Court. 

Finally, the bylaws strictly prohibit the OBC from using smileys in our annual minutes.