OT: Talking SLU FB SMACK to ND Fans

TheA_Bomb

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

T. Hicks, I'm appalled at your suggestion. I request you disavow your previous post.

Can we not discuss existentialism here? I learned about it at SLU, the premier Catholic university.

2 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Why should shutting someone with a different (minority) opinion up be the first option?  And wasn't this thread basically intended to bait him?  He may be a troll, but that doesn't make baiting right.

The problem with troll pants is that he takes over the site with his BS.

Check out the STL Today SLU talk forum his name is black cat and look at all of the subjects his name is at the end of most of the posts.

Also it is a continues obnoxious posting were it appears to me that is all he does all day.

I tried to have a dialog with him and it is impossible.

I do trust all of moderators decisions but if you want to see what he wants to do on this site check out the STL Today SLU talk forum.

7 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Why should shutting someone with a different (minority) opinion up be the first option?  And wasn't this thread basically intended to bait him?  He may be a troll, but that doesn't make baiting right.

I give up. Have fun with the troll this season. 

2 minutes ago, CBFan said:

The problem with troll pants is that he takes over the site with his BS.

Check out the STL Today SLU talk forum his name is black cat and look at all of the subjects his name is at the end of most of the posts.

Also it is a continues obnoxious posting were it appears to me that is all he does all day.

I tried to have a dialog with him and it is impossible.

I do trust all of moderators decisions but if you want to see what he wants to do on this site check out the STL Today SLU talk forum.

I don't think it's right for me to base moderation in this forum on something from another community.  I don't read that forum often -- maybe once every year or two.  I also don't think it's appropriate to bait the poster and then call for banning him when he "takes over" in predictable defensive responses.  Lastly, I don't see why you would trying having dialog with him when you know his only point is to get under your skin.

All I'm saying is that if we don't want him to try to get under our skin, then we shouldn't be trying to get under his.  But if you want to have fun with him, then he must be allowed to have fun back, right?

Just now, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I don't think it's right for me to base moderation in this forum on something from another community.  I don't read that forum often -- maybe once every year or two.  I also don't think it's appropriate to bait the poster and then call for banning him when he "takes over" in predictable defensive responses.  Lastly, I don't see why you would trying having dialog with him when you know his only point is to get under your skin.

All I'm saying is that if we don't want him to try to get under our skin, then we shouldn't be trying to get under his.  But if you want to have fun with him, then he must be allowed to have fun back, right?

Yes, as I said I trust the moderators decision this is a great site and free speech is a great thing.

I do not respond to him but respectfully you miss my point about the other forum, I love this site and he has turned the other site into a sewer and I just wanted to prove my point with an example.

Have a great day and I will continue to ignore and enjoy the others putting the troll in his place.

2 hours ago, hsmith19 said:

He was accused by a reporting witness just like Kwamain was. And just like Kwamain, he was never actually charged.

Unlike Kwamain, he has since been both accused of and charged with felonies arising out of a separate domestic incident.

Delete your account.

Shembo's name never came out while he was at ND. I believe Mitchell's name and Reed's name came out while they were at SLU.

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

slufan No response.

2 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

my recollection is that the Prosecuting Attorney said that unless the player was charged his name couldn't be made public.

Your recollection is wrong. Many people who are accused and/or arrested but never charged have their names made public, including Mitchell and Reed.

ND by your own admission covered up the accusations against Shembo and has that poor girl's blood on their hands.

Too many things to quote, so here are a few comments. 

Shembo's name might not have been as out there as Mitchell and Reed's, but I knew Shembo was the accused ND player while he was at ND. One simple Google search and I found out pretty quickly. 

For those who don't know, several years ago, a ND football player was accused of sexual assault by a student at nearby St. Mary's College. No charges were ever filed. The accuser later committed suicide. I don't know what happened in that situation, so it's possible that the accusations were unfounded. Nevertheless, the accused player was Prince Shembo.

I don't know who was right, but people did suggest that Notre Dame handled the situation poorly, and possibly covered it up.

7 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Too many things to quote, so here are a few comments. 

Shembo's name might not have been as out there as Mitchell and Reed's, but I knew Shembo was the accused ND player while he was at ND. One simple Google search and I found out pretty quickly. 

For those who don't know, several years ago, a ND football player was accused of sexual assault by a student at nearby St. Mary's College. No charges were ever filed. The accuser later committed suicide. I don't know what happened in that situation, so it's possible that the accusations were unfounded. Nevertheless, the accused player was Prince Shembo.

I don't know who was right, but people did suggest that Notre Dame handled the situation poorly, and possibly covered it up.

Just a few days later, and before the campus police or anyone else had even questioned Shembo. That's why Trollkowsky's argument about no charges being filed is so ridiculous. A little tough to charge somebody when the complainant and only eyewitness is dead.

14 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

Just a few days later, and before the campus police or anyone else had even questioned Shembo. That's why Trollkowsky's argument about no charges being filed is so ridiculous. A little tough to charge somebody when the complainant and only eyewitness is dead.

There were other eyewitnesses who had different accounts of the incident which is why the Prosecuting Attorney didn't prosecute.

Can you prove his name was out there while he was at ND?