OT: Talking SLU FB SMACK to ND Fans

TheA_Bomb

29 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

Can you prove his name was out there while he was at ND?

Probably not, or at least not easily, but I remember reading on a ND website, like this one, that Shembo was the accused player. I know he was still on the team at the time, because i checked this during the 2012 season because some articles were written about it during ND's run to the BCS title game. It may not have been the best mindset, but I wanted to find out if one of my favorite players on that team was the accused player.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Probably not, or at least not easily, but I remember reading on a ND website, like this one, that Shembo was the accused player. I know he was still on the team at the time, because i checked this during the 2012 season because some articles were written about it during ND's run to the BCS title game. It may not have been the best mindset, but I wanted to find out if one of my favorite players on that team was the accused player.

Because I looked at a article that was written by the Chicago Tribune and they said they had the player's name but wouldn't use it because he wasn't charged.

Shembo is the one who came out after he left ND at the NFL Combine and said he was the subject of the investigation.

An ND website like this one? There is some journalistic integrity there.

6 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

Because I looked at a article that was written by the Chicago Tribune and they said they had the player's name but wouldn't use it because he wasn't charged.

Shembo is the one who came out after he left ND at the NFL Combine and said he was the subject of the investigation.

An ND website like this one? There is some journalistic integrity there.

If you're limiting it to media reports, then I agree with you. I didn't see any media reports naming Shembo while a student.

It was 6 years ago, so I don't recall specifically, but I'm not sure if Mitchell, Reed, Jon Smith, and Justin Jordan were actually named in media reports prior to Mitchell and Reed getting suspended months later. Still, if you followed SLU basketball closely, you knew who the subjects of the investigation were. I got the idea that if you made any effort to find out who the accused ND player was, you found out it was Shembo.

5 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

You guys just can't control yourselves. It's fucling ridiculous. Leave the dumbass alone and he'll go away.

He won't go away. That strategy didn't work so well when billiphan was trolling the board. It didn't end until Steve took action.

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

You guys just can't control yourselves. It's fucling ridiculous. Leave the dumbass alone and he'll go away.

TrollPants was likely drooling all over himself with the attention he was given today. I count 21 Ignored posts on this thread. He lives for someone to play patty cake with him.

3 hours ago, slufanskip said:

The "just ignore him" crowd can't seem to control themselves either. They keep feeling the need to post this same thing over and over again.

If he's not going to be banned, dumping on him in one thread is a lot better than allowing him to start six new threads and quote himself in 14 others every day.

Try this article on for size, Trollkowsky. Pretty disgraceful:

https://www.ncronline.org/news/accountability/reported-sexual-assault-notre-dame-campus-leaves-more-questions-answers

11 hours ago, hsmith19 said:

The "just ignore him" crowd can't seem to control themselves either. They keep feeling the need to post this same thing over and over again.

If he's not going to be banned, dumping on him in one thread is a lot better than allowing him to start six new threads and quote himself in 14 others every day.

Try this article on for size, Trollkowsky. Pretty disgraceful:

https://www.ncronline.org/news/accountability/reported-sexual-assault-notre-dame-campus-leaves-more-questions-answers

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/two-slu-players-suspended-amid-sex-assault-allegations/article_ac3cea15-8003-56e7-8035-d8ca93d41160.html

You are right. Pretty despicable indeed.

The same reason there are threads about the SLU soccer team that hasn't been relevant for twenty years.

So ND wasn't relevant in 2012 when they were defeated by Alabama (badly) in the Championship game?

SLU soccer hasn't been in the Championship game of NCAA Men's soccer since 1974.

59 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

The same reason there are threads about the SLU soccer team that hasn't been relevant for twenty years.

So ND wasn't relevant in 2012 when they were defeated by Alabama (badly) in the Championship game?

SLU soccer hasn't been in the Championship game of NCAA Men's soccer since 1974.

Well there are SLU soccer threads because it's a SLU forum. 

And no ND hasn't been relevant since they last won anything, 1988. 

That was 10 years before the current freshmen class was even born. 

27 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Well there are SLU soccer threads because it's a SLU forum. 

And no ND hasn't been relevant since they last won anything, 1988. 

That was 10 years before the current freshmen class was even born. 

There aren't that many SLU soccer threads which tells me the fan base is apathetic towards the program.

Finishing runner up in College football doesn't mean anything? How many college football programs would have changed places with ND in 2012. The answer is ALL OF THEM.

Yet ND still finishes in the Top 15 almost every year in recruiting. Go figure.

They must have some relevance.

I didn't start this thread.

On 9/13/2016 at 11:35 AM, hsmith19 said:

I don't think my employer minds me stealing they're time two much more then I all ready have. How about you'res?

Trollkowsky: No response.

What does your employer think of you referring to "SLU fans" in the third person? Please provide links.