New Billiken to be revealed

DoctorB

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best part of how awful the decision making was is that they looked at the current mascot and said hmm the people tend to like the current mascot let's go with everything the opposite of what it was. Let's make it two tone with a dark gray. You know that "tuft of hair" let's get rid of that. It's got both eyes open, let's give him a wink. The old billiken had a smile and people liked it let's go ahead and open his mouth. How this made it through the Athletic Department without anyone stepping up and saying hey guys this thing sucks is remarkable. 

Cool that the President of SLU is basically making Dirt Cheap level commercials in dignity and quality.

Cheap cheap fun fun

PS This dude needs to join Dollar Shave Club

51 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

Interesting that the grays say SAINT LOUIS this year instead of BILLIKENS like last year. Wonder if that means they are intended more for the road.

I like gray but it is not a Billikens color and as such leaves me in the grumpy old man category.  Also, I hope it is the lighting but that blue looks a little dark for Billiken/royal blue.

38 minutes ago, kwyjibo said:

I like gray but it is not a Billikens color and as such leaves me in the grumpy old man category.  Also, I hope it is the lighting but that blue looks a little dark for Billiken/royal blue.

I really liked the gray ones, but I had to explain to a bunch of people during the game why we might be wearing gray uniforms, so you're not alone in the grumpy old man category. 

8 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Half the logo is now gray if you wanna start reaching.. also, now that I mention it, the logo on Zeke's shirt is all white. Is this a thing now? Some logos are two-face and others aren't?

No. it's gotta be the lighting. The logo in the avatar is just a picture from the shirt he's wearing. 

Yeah, I noticed that too. Reminds me a little of when the Cardinals unveiled the new logo with the red bill but quietly and gradually shifted back to a yellow bill on more and more stuff. Maybe that's what happens here.

But outside of the two-tone face, I'm a big fan of the gray. I like it a lot better than black or red as a secondary color. And gray is neutral enough that it doesn't seem any weirder than teams having to wear white when it's not really one of their colors at all.