Ford at Lorenzini's today?

DoctorB

12 hours ago, Old guy said:

Yes, mono is nothing to be dismissed offhand, it can affect weight, mood and physical activity for fairly long periods of time.

Is it really that big of a deal??? Just look at what Lance Armstrong was able to do with just one nucleosis.  Neufeld can man up.

Jimbo, unfortunately every person reacts differently to mono (as is the case with most other diseases) partially because no two person's diseases are identical or cause identical responses by the affected individual. Neufeld may do very well and have a very short recovery period and be as new when the season starts, or he may not be quite so lucky as all that. This has nothing to do with Neufeld manning up, and everything to do with how his body reacts to the disease.

43 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Jimbo, unfortunately every person reacts differently to mono (as is the case with most other diseases) partially because no two person's diseases are identical or cause identical responses by the affected individual. Neufeld may do very well and have a very short recovery period and be as new when the season starts, or he may not be quite so lucky as all that. This has nothing to do with Neufeld manning up, and everything to do with how his body reacts to the disease.

But seriously he could man up right?  That applies to most Canadians except those from Saskatoon.

14 hours ago, jimbofive said:

Is it really that big of a deal??? Just look at what Lance Armstrong was able to do with just one nucleosis.  Neufeld can man up.

12 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

And that is your medical opinion?

You heard it Matt N, Old Guy says you're weak man up.

Old guy, why are you denigrating our injured players? Shame on you!

On 9/8/2016 at 8:15 AM, CBFan said:

I prefer playing the local schools, such as SEMO, UMKC, MU, and MSU over Samford, North Carolina A&T and Coastal Carolina any season.

I enjoy the two SIU teams on the schedule every year.

For me all of the local schools bring more interest in the game

With that said Ball St., BYU, Wichita St., Kansas St., and the Vegas tournament are great teams to have on the schedule.

Im glad that SLU and SIUE play every year.

The road trips to the dark dreary fens of Southern Methinois, the Dark Dale of Carbon are fun. Its great to see them scream for puppet reenactments of Village People classics.

Losing to them is less fun. The 'little e' beating them in their own Big Dawg seats is a lot of fun.

The SIU system hasnt tried to screw SLU into playing extra road games(massive revenue loss for SLU.) There is no reason whatsoever to ever play Springfield again. Southwest can play 4 years in a row at Chaifetz, then talk about resuming. F them.

Hope my Cougars wont be trying to pu such nonsense. Ludicrous.

On 9/8/2016 at 3:25 PM, billikenchomper4life said:

I spoke to Ford for a few minutes and picked his brain.  A few take aways..

1. I talked to him about the transfers already being with team and how it has helped.  He said, " They (the transfers) are on another level" 

2. I specifically asked him which players have showed the most improvement.  He said Neufeld had gained 15 lbs over the summer but got Mono a few weeks ago and lost all the weight. (Awesome).  He said Bishop has a chance, Roby is working hard and improving, and Reggie still has work to do but is working hard.  He specifically mentioned Elliot Welmer and has played well.  I thought this was a positive sign because he could end being a contributor down the road.

3.  One of the biggest things that I took away from the night was how motivational Ford is.  You can tell he is going to get the absolute most out his players.  I wanted to run through a wall after hearing his speech to the entire group.  He really had me pumped up for the next few years.  You can tell he's a workaholic who can relate to this generation of players.  The future is bright. 

Love that about Ford. Isnt it nice to have hope for the program again? It is morning in Chaifetz. Lets get through the coffee and cold shower.

14 hours ago, Soderball said:

Im glad that SLU and SIUE play every year.

The road trips to the dark dreary fens of Southern Methinois, the Dark Dale of Carbon are fun. Its great to see them scream for puppet reenactments of Village People classics.

Losing to them is less fun. The 'little e' beating them in their own Big Dawg seats is a lot of fun.

The SIU system hasnt tried to screw SLU into playing extra road games(massive revenue loss for SLU.) There is no reason whatsoever to ever play Springfield again. Southwest can play 4 years in a row at Chaifetz, then talk about resuming. F them.

Hope my Cougars wont be trying to pu such nonsense. Ludicrous.

I am not in the know about what happened with Southwest Missouri State, aka Missouri State so I what happened?

I did enjoy seeing SLU teams play Missouri State but since the school screwed SLU then I agree with you.

I really enjoyed the short SPUMAC series and I figured because SLU could have won both games that series was over I think similar situation to when KU played SLU.  SLU won the first game at home and the return game to KU was close, I still remember a tired Chris Hinrich jamming a ball on the rim instead of threw the hoop at KU.

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

I am not in the know about what happened with Southwest Missouri State, aka Missouri State so I what happened?

I did enjoy seeing SLU teams play Missouri State but since the school screwed SLU then I agree with you.

I really enjoyed the short SPUMAC series and I figured because SLU could have won both games that series was over I think similar situation to when KU played SLU.  SLU won the first game at home and the return game to KU was close, I still remember a tired Chris Hinrich jamming a ball on the rim instead of threw the hoop at KU.

The series against Mizzou was three games:  at the Dome in 1999 (for the '99-'00 season), at Hearnes in 2000, and at Savvis in 2001.  The Billikens won the first game.

4 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

All three games were very close, in particular the one at Hearnes Mizzou came back to win.

And just about every sportswriter and broadcaster was lobbying for this game to be an annual event. Well, here we are 15 years after it was last played, and Mizzery  still won't take our call. As I recall all three games were well attended which meant there was money to be made there. I'm sure we could use the bucks, and Mizzery as well. As both programs have nose dived the last two years, Mizzery probably doesn't want to risk the nothing to gain everything to lose game at this time. And if Ford gets us headed in the right direction sooner that will only make it more difficult to get SPUMAC to belly up to the bar. Bottom line, Mizzery just doesn't want this game to take hold and become an annual rivalry.

The rationalizations have never been very consistent. I remember the excuse for a while being that SLU didn't have a campus arena to match the great Hearnes Center, although playing at Scottrade never seemed to be a problem for the Illinois game. And then once Chaifetz was built the excuse became that they already played one game at Scottrade a year. But of course plenty of public schools play more than one game a year in the biggest metro area in their state with no whining.

3 hours ago, hsmith19 said:

All three games were very close, in particular the one at Hearnes Mizzou came back to win.

We were winning the game here at Scott Trade - it took a half court heave to beat us by 2  The two games we lost were by a total of 3 pts I believe.  It scared the devil out of Missouri - they were so afraid that when they were offered a million dollars to play us again they still said no.

3 hours ago, Billikenbooster said:

The Hearnes loss was a steal job by the refs.  We had the lead and the ball, went out of bounds, they gave the ball back to them, they shoot and win.  Game over. I  rarely blame refs, but that was an out and out steal by the refs.

mhg

Also in that game we had a foul called on us anytime Kareem Rush even looked at the ball in the last 10 minutes. I was literally going nuts. For those of you who know me and know I could get a little loud and a lot obnoxious ... I can't believe I got out of there without getting the crap kicked out of me. I probably would have deserved it.

1 hour ago, SLURadioBoy said:

SLU lost the game at Hearnes 77-73. I believe they had around a 7 point lead with about 4 minutes left but blew it with some help from the refs. When SLU lost the next year at the buzzer, the game was tied at that point.

The game at Hearnes was still nip and tuck after Mizzou finally took the lead in the last two minutes. SLU missed a tip-in, a wide open three, and the front end of two one-and-ones in that span. Yeah, Wesley Stokes won the game at Scottrade at the buzzer, but the game at Hearnes is the one I remember being the biggest barn-burner. This was before I went to SLU and at the time I was following both teams. I could never really root for Mizzou after that.

I used to root for both teams too until that game at Hearnes. I was a student at SLU at the time and sitting under the basket with a Billiken sweater on. After the game ended, all of the fans around me (who were adults and not even students) yelled all sorts of things to them and held their hands up to their necks as the Billikens left the floor to imply they "choked". And maybe they did in a way, but SLU was a big underdog in that game and came in and almost beat them on their floor. I thought it was a classless act by the fans and I became solely a Billiken fan from that day forward.

19 hours ago, hsmith19 said:

The game at Hearnes was still nip and tuck after Mizzou finally took the lead in the last two minutes. SLU missed a tip-in, a wide open three, and the front end of two one-and-ones in that span. Yeah, Wesley Stokes won the game at Scottrade at the buzzer, but the game at Hearnes is the one I remember being the biggest barn-burner. This was before I went to SLU and at the time I was following both teams. I could never really root for Mizzou after that.

That Hearnes game was a lot of fun, despite the disappointing outcome (and boy, was it disappointing).  I remember Justin Tatum making the throat-slash gesture at one point.  We should've swept that series.