Billiken Sneaker Soiree

slu72 fan

In case you haven't heard, the Athletic Department is having a season opening dinner on October 8th at Chaifetz. There will be an auction, along with the dinner and cocktails. Attached is a link to the SLU website for information on the event.

http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=211126918 

I hope you can make it, this is a relatively inexpensive way to support our AD and our student athletes. If you have any questions, contact Margo, Shannon or Matt at the AD.

2 minutes ago, slu72 fan said:

thanks, it was announced this morning that Greenberg is going to be the guest speaker. Hopefully, some of you will sign up.

Not to be nit picky but I think this event should be $50-100. Sometimes I think the AD overlooks growing the brand/fan base and keeps going back to the well with higher level donors.

What is cocktail attire?

I live in Cedar Hill and my cocktail attire is normally short sleeve shirt, shorts and flip flops.

"Billikens.com" table?

http://alumni.slu.edu/s/1264/index.aspx?DB_OEM_ID=27200&sid=1264&pgid=4761&gid=1&cid=7737&ecid=7737&post_id=0

Sponsorship Opportunities

Title Sponsor: $10,000 - Two tables of (8) at the event Corporate name/logo incorporated as the Tttle Sponsor of event Corporate name mentioned in all advertising including any radio and newspaper promotion Name recognition in any public relations material generated by SLU Billikens website banner 

Blue & White Sponsor: $2,500 - Table of (8) at the event Sponsor recognition at the event 

Table Sponsor: $1,200 - Table of (8) at the event 

Individual Ticket: $150 

52 minutes ago, slu72 fan said:

I'll pass your comment on, but it probably cost more than $50 for the food, room and speaker.

Drink one last beer a week and you'll have it covered. ?

I'll bite. Missouri State I believe does something similar, it's $50 for a ticket and they have a silent auction. $100 would be more reasonable for the average fan. My thought is that you bring in the younger alumni who aren't necessarily donating big yet but you get them involved now and then when they can afford to pony up the big donation they will. 

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I'll bite. Missouri State I believe does something similar, it's $50 for a ticket and they have a silent auction. $100 would be more reasonable for the average fan. My thought is that you bring in the younger alumni who aren't necessarily donating big yet but you get them involved now and then when they can afford to pony up the big donation they will. 

I'll actually defend the AD on this one, which feels weird. 

Not every event has to be for everyone. These type of events are expensive to put on. I'm sure Greenberg isn't coming for free. The AD gets charged for food. Not sure how the building works, if they have to pay "rent" for it or not. Every basketball game, community event, whatever is a 'friendraiser' but these type of events should bring in 100k+ net. There is really little point in having a young alum type there if they can barely afford the tickets. They aren't going to bid or be a source of funds raised for the event at that point. I'd argue that a younger alum should spend some money to attend this to rub elbows with some of the higher end folks. 

12 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

No chances to be PA mispronouncer for a game?

That'd be a great item. Most of these types of things have the chance to be on the radio broadcast, honorary coach, ball boy for the kids, etc to bid on. Why not give Gus someone to sit with for a night. 

4 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

That'd be a great item.  Why not give Gus someone to sit with for a night. 

-I would pitch in or buy for the person a few rows back from press row that got in a bit of a fracas with Gus last season, that could be entertaining

• 1 month later...

Very enjoyable evening. Nothing regarding specific recruiting items, but a real positive sense of the process. Look for the women to sign two players. They also have a commitment for 2018. 

A great opportunity to talk to the players, coaches and other fans. About 300 in attendance. Greenberg spoke about 30 minutes and was entertaining and interesting. 

I would expect it will be repeated next year, and more of you should attend. It was well worth the money and time!