Billiken Soccer vs Wake (ESPN3)

what troll?  I actually went ahead and did the ignore thing for him, and I am sooo much happier.  I had philosophical issues with the block feature, felt that I should be listening to all sides of an argument. I also was concerned that by doing so I would not be able to follow a thread, but any confusion is much outweighed by not having to read any self serving trash.

Best decision I have made in a while.

I heartily recommend the ignore feature for the troll.

Go Bills, beat NC!

mhg

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

WHAT, a foreigner!!  I thought SLU was the only college team in America that used foreign players.  Aren't there enough American players in NC to field a team?  The NCAA needs to investigate.

Indeed Make Soccer Great Again! btw wasn't Pele a raper?

NC had a home win last night 3-0 against Cal Poly.  And yep, one of them there foreigners from England scored a PK for the Heels.  The sky is falling.  There are no good soccer players in America. 

And less than 1/3 of the UNC roster is from North Carolina.  What's wrong?  Aren't there enough good soccer players in NC to field a team? 

TrollPants, comments please.

NCState, UNC, Maryland, Wake, Virginia Tech all employed many, many, MANY foreigners inthe two years I watched them play (potential son-in-law was All ACC and from Uruguay and an illegal alien to boot!).

And that's what I didn't get ----- not only from outside the US but illegal as all get out.  How do you go to an ACC school and on a full ride that way?  How can that NOT be checked out?  NCStae's goalie was named Fabien Otte and from Germany. Their captain was Nazmi Albadawi.  The star defenseman was named Gbenka.  So its not a new trend and it happens everywhere.

13 hours ago, Taj79 said:

NCState, UNC, Maryland, Wake, Virginia Tech all employed many, many, MANY foreigners inthe two years I watched them play (potential son-in-law was All ACC and from Uruguay and an illegal alien to boot!).

And that's what I didn't get ----- not only from outside the US but illegal as all get out.  How do you go to an ACC school and on a full ride that way?  How can that NOT be checked out?  NCStae's goalie was named Fabien Otte and from Germany. Their captain was Nazmi Albadawi.  The star defenseman was named Gbenka.  So its not a new trend and it happens everywhere.

Isn't just like any other foreign student here, they just get a foreign student visa. Now if they don't leave after graduating or just stop taking classes, that's different.

SLU was always kind of unique back in the late 60s and 70s when they racked up all those NCAAs Championships to have pretty much an all St Louis roster (mostly from the local Catholic HSs). I recall, that's when I used to watch the games, the rosters of the opposition was usually heavily foreign even back then.

I don't know if this legal NCAA wise, I always thought they should use the SLU Madrid campus. Get a decent club team going. Scout the youth programs and  have them enrolled intensive English program while playing on the club team. Test whose good and use as a feeder. A kind of a minor league :). I recall being in Valencia a few years back and seeing this dry river bed which had maybe 20 or so soccer fields with 1000s of kids playing. Who knows maybe the next Renaldo could be discovered.

23 hours ago, Taj79 said:

And that's what I didn't get ----- not only from outside the US but illegal as all get out.  How do you go to an ACC school and on a full ride that way?  How can that NOT be checked out? 

The Federal laws do not require colleges or university to verify immigration status.

The student may have a temporary status through the DACA program.

Otherwise, I hope this is the end of the conversation.  The troll has found that others have jumped on the suggestion that St. Louis may no longer have the talent to field a national champion caliber team and that SLU no longer recruits enough of the be best players to test that theory.  The goal of the troll is to get people to respond.  I am going to try that block idea.  Thanks for the tip.

On August 27, 2016 at 4:32 PM, HoosierPal said:

NC had a home win last night 3-0 against Cal Poly.  And yep, one of them there foreigners from England scored a PK for the Heels.  The sky is falling.  There are no good soccer players in America. 

And less than 1/3 of the UNC roster is from North Carolina.  What's wrong?  Aren't there enough good soccer players in NC to field a team? 

TrollPants, comments please.

HoosierPal - Last night's game was comment enough for me - what do you think?

you won't comment back Will you?

On August 28, 2016 at 5:46 PM, WUH said:

The Federal laws do not require colleges or university to verify immigration status.

The student may have a temporary status through the DACA program.

Otherwise, I hope this is the end of the conversation.  The troll has found that others have jumped on the suggestion that St. Louis may no longer have the talent to field a national champion caliber team and that SLU no longer recruits enough of the be best players to test that theory.  The goal of the troll is to get people to respond.  I am going to try that block idea.  Thanks for the tip.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/06/the-supreme-court-has-left-an-undocumented-workforce-in-limbo/488747/

DACA is illegal according to the courts.

DACA no longer exists.