Season ticket nonrenewals/release.

hsmith19

Does anybody know roughly when this usually occurs? After considering it for most of the Crews Era, I finally decided to upgrade my seats this year. One gal in the ticket office said to expect a call within a week after the renewal deadline, another guy said not until September. Also, what are my chances of getting three seats together in the Gold section? My season tickets have been in the Young Alumni section up to this point, so my points balance is not huge.

I upgraded once and moved from behind the basket to roughly endcourt in the no-fee seats. Then I dropped one of our seats because my daughter went away to school. Then I managed to get it back thanks to excellent service from the ticket department. 

I think a week is a bit optimistic given that they often have to call like me who don't get in their renewals on time.

Perhaps someone could cross-check me on this, but when I log into the season-ticket purchase site, it shows the entire lower bowl as unavailable, which, if true, is either a miracle or typical incompetence. 

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/slu/EN/buy/details/1617MBB?DB_OEM_ID=27200

35 minutes ago, bonwich said:

I upgraded once and moved from behind the basket to roughly endcourt in the no-fee seats. Then I dropped one of our seats because my daughter went away to school. Then I managed to get it back thanks to excellent service from the ticket department. 

I think a week is a bit optimistic given that they often have to call like me who don't get in their renewals on time.

Perhaps someone could cross-check me on this, but when I log into the season-ticket purchase site, it shows the entire lower bowl as unavailable, which, if true, is either a miracle or typical incompetence. 

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/slu/EN/buy/details/1617MBB?DB_OEM_ID=27200

Shows the same thing for me.  I wonder if they make those unavailable until they get through the renewals? Wouldn't be the wisest choice, but maybe it explains things.  Either that or something truly miraculous is going on. 

I don't know if they still do this but in the past, they would call long time season tix holders who did not renew and try to give them another chance to change their minds.  I guess one could say why do this those people had a chance but I also see that a mistake could have been made, change of heart, impressed with getting a personal call, whatever could have them change their minds about renewing.  If they have been buying tix for awhile why not go this extra mile.  This calling I am sure takes a bit of a time and they have to wait until the deadline passes to start the calling.  This may be the reason for the delay.

My wife renews our seats so I have no experience with renewals at SLU, but every other type of event I have been signed up with for years will not release better seats until they are sure their prior occupants are not going to renew. They usually call to confirm the contract will not be renewed for the next season. This avoids a lot of problems with the prior occupants of the seats if they decide to renew after all and find out they can only get much worse seating than they had before. 

3 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

Shows the same thing for me.  I wonder if they make those unavailable until they get through the renewals? Wouldn't be the wisest choice, but maybe it explains things.  Either that or something truly miraculous is going on. 

Yeah, I was under the impression they just blacked them all out until they finished their calls.

I appreciate all the feedback. I will definitely plan on dropping by in person. I got one of the "why haven't you renewed?" calls last week even though they told me weeks ago they would put a note on my account when I originally called and asked about upgrading. Which didn't inspire much confidence.

I'm sorry, blacking out the entire bottom bowl is ridiculous. Someone is looking for new season tix and they can't even look at what's probably available? Hell, at least 1/4 of the seats end court aren't sold, and even if someone's going to "upgrade," it's not likely that's where they'll pick. 

Just more fabulous stupidity. (BTW, when people visit the season ticket site, is there any way for them to see what the various seat licenses cost?)

12 hours ago, bonwich said:

I'm sorry, blacking out the entire bottom bowl is ridiculous. Someone is looking for new season tix and they can't even look at what's probably available? Hell, at least 1/4 of the seats end court aren't sold, and even if someone's going to "upgrade," it's not likely that's where they'll pick. 

Just more fabulous stupidity. (BTW, when people visit the season ticket site, is there any way for them to see what the various seat licenses cost?)

Even though this still has last summer's date on it, it's been updated to reflect the new prices. Interesting that everything went up a few dollars except the Young Alumni seats, which they dropped from $100 to $99 each. I guess they're going after the young bargain shoppers this year.

http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205242113

11 hours ago, hsmith19 said:

Even though this still has last summer's date on it, it's been updated to reflect the new prices. Interesting that everything went up a few dollars except the Young Alumni seats, which they dropped from $100 to $99 each. I guess they're going after the young bargain shoppers this year.

http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205242113

Interesting. How would a mere mortal, or even an MBM, manage to stumble on that page when searching for season tickets?

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Check out Vice Principals if you haven't already.

Duuuude. So good. Insane show. I love how people are all, "Woo hoo, Kenny Powers!" but these shows are so, so dark.

Glad the ticket situation got worked out. I've found they're easy and flexible to work with once you get in touch with them. Then again, it's been a few years since I moved away.

7 hours ago, brianstl said:

I actually just started watching this show on demand.  Great show and I was a fool for missing it when it first came out.

Check out Vice Principals if you haven't already.

+All the number of times Gus Phillips has messed up a Billiken name

• 1 year later...