Travis Ford

Tilkowsky

20 hours ago, Tilkowsky said:

To slufan and HoosierPal. If I have been banned before what poster was I formerly?

Looking forward to many years of talking SLU with you guys.

we shall see with Coach Ford.

This year will be interesting.

This guy is annoying. Please ban. He's not even clever. 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

Ever since the New Big East was formed and SLU was mentioned which has not been that long because the New Big East alignment is only about 4 years old.

Creighton and Butler are in that league so it is very possible.

SLU is similar to those schools and were well on the way then tragedy hit and Coach Majerus passed on and Jim Crews turned SLU basketball into a buzz kill.

If coach Crews could have continued to maintain what coach Majerus built with his own recruits then SLU would be the next school invited.

Coach Ford is a great salesman and with great success with the basketball program it will be a no brainer for the Big East.

Coach Ford is young and the question will be did the coach learn anything since being fired at OSU?

For what it is worth your posts do not bother me as long as you want to have a civil discussion.

If Ford can come in and be really successful,y they might have a chance.

but Majerus was successful as well and to my knowledge there was no talk of that while he was here.

Seems like some SLU fans think that a Big East invitation is a fait accompli or birthright.

not so sure about that.

1 hour ago, William Iken said:

In fairness, while @Tilkowsky appears to be a troll who should just be ignored, I have not seen anything in this thread or the soccer thread which would cause him/her to be banned. (S)He is stirring the pot, but if lack of rah-rah sentiment is enough to be banned most of this board would have been banned during the Crews era.

He has no intention of having a real discussion. Go to the Post and see his work. He's not trying to stir the pot, he's being an ass. With that said, if everyone will just ignore him and don't mention or refer to his posts, he'll go away. He'll respond to his own posts for awhile begging for a response and then he'll go. Everyone just put him on ignore, and don't mention his posts. The only one that will even see them is him. He'll in effect be banned

Just ignore the guy.   I destroyed him in threads at the post forums and as mentioned above he just moves the goal posts and ignores he was defeated in that debate.   His sole purpose is nothing more than to upset billiken fans.  Just let him post and don't respond to him.   Eventually he will just talk to himself.  

Just now, billiken_roy said:

Just ignore the guy.   I destroyed him in threads at the post forums and as mentioned above he just moves the goal posts and ignores he was defeated in that debate.   His sole purpose is nothing more than to upset billiken fans.  Just let him post and don't respond to him.   Eventually he will just talk to himself.  

Or, he could just be banned. Everyone seems to acknowledge he's up to no good. 99% of posters could ignore him but as long as some folks respond he sticks around. It doesn't make sense. 

4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

How in the hell do I ignore on this new board.

If you hold your mouse over their username on the left hand side, it should open a window that has ignore user.

As others have said, all it takes is one person who doesn't know his act and think he wants to have an actual discussion or for some reason can't stop engaging with him to ruin discussions.  I do have him on ignore as Old Guy suggested to me but you can still see his posts when somebody quotes him and it can still ruin threads.  If everybody ignores him then yes we won't have a problem.

7 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

How in the hell do I ignore on this new board.

There are at least two ways.

The first way is to scroll to the top and click on the arrow next to your own user name and select "Ignored Users" then add the user you want to ignore.

The second way (as Bills_06 has already added as I've been typing) is to hover over the user's name on the left side of the page and click "x Ignore user" when the panel pops up.

6 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

If you hold your mouse over their username on the left hand side, it should open a window that has ignore user.

As others have said, all it takes is one person who doesn't know his act and think he wants to have an actual discussion or for some reason can't stop engaging with him to ruin discussions.  I do have him on ignore as Old Guy suggested to me but you can still see his posts when somebody quotes him and it can still ruin threads.  If everybody ignores him then yes we won't have a problem.

What I'd like to see, if possible, if it would be the way it is on the Atlantic 10 forum.  There (or so it used to be, at least, as I haven't visited that site in a long time) if you ignore a poster, even if that poster is quoted, all you see is a note saying that you're ignoring that user.  If this forum has that capability, that would be awesome.

33 minutes ago, ACE said:

And he doesn't have the balls to say what program he roots for... wonder why?

If you read my quote (which you obviously didn't ) I said that I used to travel to a lot of Billiken away soccer games.

wouldnt that be a hint?

The thing that makes it harder to ignore is when he is starting completely new topics. I would at least suggest preventing him from starting new topics (especially those like this Travis Ford one that have already been discussed in great detail). 

Just don't point out notre dame's horrible academic and graduation rate for their men's athletics.   He really gets mad then.   

1 hour ago, ACE said:

And he doesn't have the balls to say what program he roots for... wonder why?

25 minutes ago, ACE said:

Still doesn't have the balls to say it...

I graduated from SLU. Why wouldn't I root for them?

i don't root blindly though. Nor through blue/white glasses.

2 hours ago, Tilkowsky said:

If Ford can come in and be really successful,y they might have a chance.

but Majerus was successful as well and to my knowledge there was no talk of that while he was here.

Seems like some SLU fans think that a Big East invitation is a fait accompli or birthright.

not so sure about that.

I will try to bring back the conversation to coach Ford and debate, not trying to take the high road but I want to rebut some of his points that were made about the Big East and SLU.

1) Coach Ford's success will give SLU their only chance.

2) When the new Big East was being formed I did read SLU's name as consideration for the league and I figure it had to do with Rick Majerus, big name coach, success and being a similar type of school that are in the New Big East.  Butler got in without Brad Stevens as the coach and Creighton got in without Dana Altman so why not SLU?

3) I have never read any post on this board that claims birthright or fate, I have read posts that hoped and understood that it would take continued success, wins and losses, to get an invite.  The posters on this board understand the destruction caused by coach Cruz who set the SLU program back for any potential invite to the Big East invite but if SLU gets a final four, sweet 16 and a yearly winner of the A10 then there will be a good chance of an invite.

1 hour ago, Tilkowsky said:

i don't root blindly though. Nor through blue/white glasses.

For once he posts something that's actually a little funny. I always get a kick out of people patting themselves on the back for not being a "homer" or not rooting "blindly," as if declaring allegiance to your chosen sports team is about some kind of logic or principle.

2 hours ago, CBFan said:

I will try to bring back the conversation to coach Ford and debate, not trying to take the high road but I want to rebut some of his points that were made about the Big East and SLU.

1) Coach Ford's success will give SLU their only chance.

2) When the new Big East was being formed I did read SLU's name as consideration for the league and I figure it had to do with Rick Majerus, big name coach, success and being a similar type of school that are in the New Big East.  Butler got in without Brad Stevens as the coach and Creighton got in without Dana Altman so why not SLU?

3) I have never read any post on this board that claims birthright or fate, I have read posts that hoped and understood that it would take continued success, wins and losses, to get an invite.  The posters on this board understand the destruction caused by coach Cruz who set the SLU program back for any potential invite to the Big East invite but if SLU gets a final four, sweet 16 and a yearly winner of the A10 then there will be a good chance of an invite.

I need to do some research. 

I I will get back to you tomorrow.