Travis Ford

Tilkowsky

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

This board has already fallen into TrollPants trap.  He/she/it wants this type of attention.  He/she/it could care less about SLU, but only the insatiable need to dominate the board with useless drivel.  Attention is TrollPant's key, not facts or truth.  TrollPants singularly destroyed the SLU Forum on the PD Board.  If you simply go there (you don't have to read it) you will see that it is down to about three posters, TrolPpants and a couple of sock puppets. 

It was factually reported several years ago on the PD forum that TrollPants was cut as Soccer Manager for the Billikens.  Something about sniffing jock straps and refusing to give them back to the team.  TrollPants could never factually refute that claim, hence the explanation for his hatred for SLU.

Yes, I am now guilty of prolonging TrollPant's time in the spotlight.  But I have already put he/she/it on Ignore, so please follow the lead.

I never wanted to be soccer manager at SLU. Factually reportedly? Post a link to that factual report.

I am sure whoever posts on the stltoday site would welcome whoever posts on Billikens.com to pot there as well.

I assume most don't have the courage to do so.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Tilkowsky said:

The reason I say they is that I am not on the team. I am not part of the athletic department.

my guess is you aren't either.

Unless fans are part of the organization or on the team - you really shouldn't use we.

You are not part of the team just because you are a fan.

ACE? You never responded to this. Do you agree or disagree?

16 hours ago, slufan13 said:

Anybody know if the filter works on this upgraded forum?

Apparently it does. Just removed ***.ing from my sentence.

Anyway. Maybe the big East wanted to add slu but couldn't find a viable 12th team so they stuck with an even 10

It even removed @nus from one of mine, but rectum was allowed.

25 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Did you get the Light Blue or Blue pants from Outkick?

Blue. They're made to be Kentucky colors. Light blue looked one UNC Tar Heel colors. 

24 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Haha, I saw Clay was trying to unload those, but didn't think to purchase a pair for Billiken games. I assume they say Billiken blue on Outkick??

Unfortunately no. Just blue.

4 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

This board has already fallen into TrollPants trap.  He/she/it wants this type of attention.  He/she/it could care less about SLU, but only the insatiable need to dominate the board with useless drivel.  Attention is TrollPant's key, not facts or truth.  TrollPants singularly destroyed the SLU Forum on the PD Board.  If you simply go there (you don't have to read it) you will see that it is down to about three posters, TrolPpants and a couple of sock puppets. 

It was factually reported several years ago on the PD forum that TrollPants was cut as Soccer Manager for the Billikens.  Something about sniffing jock straps and refusing to give them back to the team.  TrollPants could never factually refute that claim, hence the explanation for his hatred for SLU.

Yes, I am now guilty of prolonging TrollPant's time in the spotlight.  But I have already put he/she/it on Ignore, so please follow the lead.

I'm going to take the Marshawn Lynch approach to this guy.

3 hours ago, Tilkowsky said:

Listen Rick Majerus got sick and passed away. I understand that.

Start dealing in reality. Rick Majerus is unfortunately not alive.You don't know if he had stayed alive if an invitation would be forthcoming. When was the last time they even expanded? It has been awhile right?

The problem is that SLU just gave up recruiting. Is that what a big time college basketball programs do?

Mashed Potatoes

1 hour ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Thanks on the website - they had Kentucky linked to the light blue not regular blue.

Before I bought them, I tweeted at Clay Travis, who said the blue is the UK color. I'll add that the blue pants I received are close to the blue SLU items I have.

Also, to clarify, the light blue might be more of a reference to Ole Miss than UNC.

5 hours ago, hsmith19 said:

Does anyone know if he has found a blazer like this in bright blue yet?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrVlQkovabZIPhN-RutCf

He does not need to find it, he can have it made bespoke (custom tailored) just by going to Brooks talking to their tailors and choosing the cloth in the exact color he wants it. Which is probably what he did to get the Jacket in the OSU color. When you make his kind of salary you do not need to find the things you want.

Agree w/Irishdawg's take on what it's going to take to get to the Beast. Right now they'd look to the A10 for expansion and their top choices would be Dayton (unless X makes a stink) and VCU {which strays from their private school identity).

Still, I think they have to think about the logistics for the non revenue sports. The Beast is totally dependent upon hoops for providing their athletic departments with the funds to operate.

The breakdown right now is as follows then add in most likely candidates:

East

GU, Prov, St. J, Nova, SH, ...... add VCU

Mid West

X, MU, DU, Butler, Creighton   ..... add DU

So if they add VCU and Dayton they have balance to have two divisions. Overall a good move for them. Not a good move for SLU since DU would be the major obstacle for us, and we're not likely to beat out the SVU's from any aspect. They have the facilities, history, rabid fan base that travels, probably better TV revenues than we've got.

Point being if Beast expands we've got to step up big time, which I think was on May's mind when he hired Travis, and his hope the Beast expands to 14 teams. Right now, I don't think we're on the Beast's radar, if they only go to 12 teams. There's just no way to justify SLU from a financial or competitive  standpoint. Might have been different had we got someone other than Crews to keep Rick's momentum going.  

I doubt X would agree to be in a division with only Western schools.  Their footprint is in the East.  If the conference had an unbalanced schedule with divisions Xavier wouldn't agree to it.

interesting article in STLtoday about TFord picking out a house recruits would like. Love everything this guy is doing/saying

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ben-frederickson/benfred-slu-s-ford-is-picky-about-home-players/article_7e8abc06-3640-5d2d-9e19-9f2d606fccc5.html

4 hours ago, NextYearBill said:

interesting article in STLtoday about TFord picking out a house recruits would like. Love everything this guy is doing/saying

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ben-frederickson/benfred-slu-s-ford-is-picky-about-home-players/article_7e8abc06-3640-5d2d-9e19-9f2d606fccc5.html

Yeah, nice article.  I wonder what the antiquated NCAA rules say about a coach providing refreshments, meals, etc. at his home.  Can the coach even provide transportation for the players to his abode?