Travis Ford

Tilkowsky

1 hour ago, Tilkowsky said:

The problem is SLU has not been good for an extended period.

Think about SLU in the Big East the last two years.

it would have been ugly.

Even when they had the three year run of going to the NCAA - they couldn't of competed with the best of the Big East in my opinion.

They need to stay in the A-10 where they can compete for the league title off and on.

Better League = Better Players, Better Coaches, Better Attendance = More Success

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Ignoring this guy has gone well. He definitely shouldn't be banned. 

I don't think we should ban the troll. We should ban any poster that replies to or engages him. You guys seriously can't control yourself

If you want to read this idiot just taunting SLU go to the Post forums. It looks like one of his names is black cat now. I don't even go there anymore as he's ruined the forum. He's going to do the same here if you guys keep engaging him. Ignore him, he'll beg you for a response, talk to himself and then fade away. Or Steve could do the right thing and ban him.

13 hours ago, hsmith19 said:

If you're actually interested in having this discussion, you'll admit you were talking out of your rectum above about SLU not being able to compete with the top BE teams during the recent three-year run. I even went and dug up the links this time so you couldn't play dumb. If you won't admit that, it's confirmation of your trollhood.

I appreciate you proving your point.

How would it have worked out for SLU the last couple of years? Not so well.

That is part of why the Big East hasn't offered SLU.

They haven't been very consistent. They are up and then they are down.

probably have been down more than they have been up. 

Sure they had a good three year run, but you have to admit they couldn't keep it going.

Why is that?

Shouldnt they have been recruiting during that three year period while they were having success to maintain that success?

Just now, Tilkowsky said:

Sure they had a good three year run, but you have to admit they couldn't keep it going.

Why is that?

Shouldnt they have been recruiting during that three year period while they were having success to maintain that success?

Why

On

So

Many

Lines

?

44 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

Why is that?

Come on troll you know the answer to why is that is that a coaching legend, Rick Majerus, passed on.  SLU was on the brink of consistency and you know it, when Rick Majerus was the coach.  Coach Crews made coach of the year with Rick Majerus's players and failed to recruit and put the basketball program in the dumpster.  I have tried to have a fair and honest conversation with you and you come up with this garbage of a post.  Look at what coach Majerus accomplished in his last NCAA tournament, he took Michigan State to the last minute of play and a couple of breaks the team advances.  Michigan State = the top two programs of the New Big East.

Rick Majerus alive and coaching = New Big East invite, period.

If coach Ford is successful and stays then SLU has a chance, but SLU will have to put some good years together and win the A10.

6 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Come on troll you know the answer to why is that is that a coaching legend, Rick Majerus, passed on.  SLU was on the brink of consistency and you know it, when Rick Majerus was the coach.  Coach Crews made coach of the year with Rick Majerus's players and failed to recruit and put the basketball program in the dumpster.  I have tried to have a fair and honest conversation with you and you come up with this garbage of a post.  Look at what coach Majerus accomplished in his last NCAA tournament, he took Michigan State to the last minute of play and a couple of breaks the team advances.  Michigan State = the top two programs of the New Big East.

Rick Majerus alive and coaching = New Big East invite, period.

If coach Ford is successful and stays then SLU has a chance, but SLU will have to put some good years together and win the A10.

So nobody was recruiting for SLU when Majerus was sick?

sounds like Chris May should have hired somebody to go out on the recruiting trail to recruit.

Recruiting is the lifeblood of college athletics and SLU just said we are not going to do it at all.

Can you imagine a program like Duke not recruiting if Coach K got sick?

8 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

So nobody was recruiting for SLU when Majerus was sick?

sounds like Chris May should have hired somebody to go out on the recruiting trail to recruit.

Recruiting is the lifeblood of college athletics and SLU just said we are not going to do it at all.

Can you imagine a program like Duke not recruiting if Coach K got sick?

You refuse to honestly discuss my point and you are proving the great posters on this board being correct about you being a troll.

You said that SLU could not keep it going why is that?

The answer if Rick Majerus was alive today and healthy then that equals New Big East invite.

This is all about the coach sadly getting sick and passing on.

You state the obvious about recruits, really?  Gee thanks for the insight.

Time to ignore, sorry everyone I wanted to give the troll a chance I promise to not respond anymore.

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

If you want to read this idiot just taunting SLU go to the Post forums. It looks like one of his names is black cat now. I don't even go there anymore as he's ruined the forum. He's going to do the same here if you guys keep engaging him. Ignore him, he'll beg you for a response, talk to himself and then fade away. Or Steve could do the right thing and ban him.

One of these plans is a LOT easier to implement than the other.

1 minute ago, ACE said:

One of these plans is a LOT easier to implement than the other.

This board has already fallen into TrollPants trap.  He/she/it wants this type of attention.  He/she/it could care less about SLU, but only the insatiable need to dominate the board with useless drivel.  Attention is TrollPant's key, not facts or truth.  TrollPants singularly destroyed the SLU Forum on the PD Board.  If you simply go there (you don't have to read it) you will see that it is down to about three posters, TrolPpants and a couple of sock puppets. 

It was factually reported several years ago on the PD forum that TrollPants was cut as Soccer Manager for the Billikens.  Something about sniffing jock straps and refusing to give them back to the team.  TrollPants could never factually refute that claim, hence the explanation for his hatred for SLU.

Yes, I am now guilty of prolonging TrollPant's time in the spotlight.  But I have already put he/she/it on Ignore, so please follow the lead.

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

You refuse to honestly discuss my point and you are proving the great posters on this board being correct about you being a troll.

You said that SLU could not keep it going why is that?

The answer if Rick Majerus was alive today and healthy then that equals New Big East invite.

This is all about the coach sadly getting sick and passing on.

You state the obvious about recruits, really?  Gee thanks for the insight.

Time to ignore, sorry everyone I wanted to give the troll a chance I promise to not respond anymore.

Listen Rick Majerus got sick and passed away. I understand that.

Start dealing in reality. Rick Majerus is unfortunately not alive.You don't know if he had stayed alive if an invitation would be forthcoming. When was the last time they even expanded? It has been awhile right?

The problem is that SLU just gave up recruiting. Is that what a big time college basketball programs do?