Travis Ford

Tilkowsky

2 hours ago, hsmith19 said:

For once he posts something that's actually a little funny. I always get a kick out of people patting themselves on the back for not being a "homer" or not rooting "blindly," as if declaring allegiance to your chosen sports team is about some kind of logic or principle.

There is nothing wrong with being a homer but when I read Goodwin will lead SL.u to a Final Four. Or, Ford will lead us to a Final Four in three years.

Really? 

Goodwin might be a good player, is he that good. Again, Ford couldn't get OSU to the Final Four with T. Boone Pickens money.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

There is nothing wrong with being a homer but when I read Goodwin will lead SL.u to a Final Four. Or, Ford will lead us to a Final Four in three years.

Really? 

Goodwin might be a good player, is he that good. Again, Ford couldn't get OSU to the Final Four with T. Boone Pickens money.

T. Bone can't beat Bill Self and the academic shooting stars in Lawrence.

28 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

Really? 

Stillwater is a dump. Ford will lead us to the national championship in year 4. My biggest concern is where the parade route will be and will it be within walking distance of the parking garages.

Just now, ACE said:

Stillwater is a dump. Ford will lead us to the national championship in year 4. My biggest concern is where the parade route will be and will it be within walking distance of the parking garages.

-it will blocks away from parking, 6 blocks

52 minutes ago, ACE said:

If he doesn't win it by year 3, he shouldn't be around for year 4.  He should be on the hot seat if he doesn't get us to the final four this year. 

22 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

Ask Real Madrid if spending 600 million pounds on a roster works out pretty well for them.

Well they finished second, by 1 single point, in La Liga last year to Barcelona. FCB was firing on all cylinders and has the best player in the world, plus Neymar and Suarez who are great players in their own right. Real won Champions League as well so I think they are just fine. 

P.S. I would hope they aren't paying in pounds since they are in the EU and use a different currency. 

1 hour ago, johnbj14 said:

Well they finished second, by 1 single point, in La Liga last year to Barcelona. FCB was firing on all cylinders and has the best player in the world, plus Neymar and Suarez who are great players in their own right. Real won Champions League as well so I think they are just fine. 

P.S. I would hope they aren't paying in pounds since they are in the EU and use a different currency. 

I can't believe he even asked this question. Back to Back UCL champions...

14 hours ago, johnbj14 said:

13 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I can't believe he even asked this question. Back to Back UCL champions...

Barcelona won the Champions League in 2015. Real Madrid won in 2014 and 2016.

The article I read had the wage bill for Real Madrid in pounds. I apologize for not converting to euros.

7 hours ago, Tilkowsky said:

Barcelona won the Champions League in 2015. Real Madrid won in 2014 and 2016.

The article I read had the wage bill for Real Madrid in pounds. I apologize for not converting to euros.

So they won it the last 2/3 years....Is that supposed to make a difference? Wouldn't you be happy with those results?

4 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

So they won it the last 2/3 years....Is that supposed to make a difference? Wouldn't you be happy with those results?

I guess you didn't use the ignore function.

Tilkowksy > 05

Agree.  You can have the tactical coach.  I will take the great recruiter, who was a very good player, and trust he will develop into a good tactical coach or will hire assistants who will help in that area.  Been a big supporter of the decision to hire coach Ford from day 1.  

20 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

This is true. He's going anti-Majerus. I've heard rumors of an XBOX ONE.

I know there was a YouTube video online showing OSUs locker room from a few years ago and that was real nice. So I'm sure this will be along those lines hopefully.

1 hour ago, joe_davola said:

I know there was a YouTube video online showing OSUs locker room from a few years ago and that was real nice. So I'm sure this will be along those lines hopefully.

I assume T. Boone Pickens funded the locker room at Oklahoma State and it is said to be around a $5 million facility (honestly lower than I would have thought). Calling Dr. Chaifetz.

05, I will donate the XBox to get the ball rolling.

On 8/24/2016 at 1:50 PM, CBFan said:

2) Butler got in without Brad Stevens as the coach

3) I have never read any post on this board that claims birthright or fate, I have read posts that hoped and understood that it would take continued success, wins and losses, to get an invite.  The posters on this board understand the destruction caused by coach Cruz who set the SLU program back for any potential invite to the Big East invite but if SLU gets a final four, sweet 16 and a yearly winner of the A10 then there will be a good chance of an invite.

Been a long time guys.

Brad Stevens actually was the coach of Butler when they were invited.  2 days after the league was officially formed is when it was announced that he was going to the Boston Celtics.

SLU would be a likely candidate for an invitation if the Big East ever does decide to expand because of the school's profile, but it's going to boil down to whether or not the Billikens would bring in additional dollars (mostly through TV, but NCAA tourney money helps) to the league to where it's beneficial to all the schools to bring them in.  St. Louis is a great TV sports market, but SLU would have to show the Big East people, who would then have to go to the TV networks to prove that the league's TV deal (which currently brings in $3M or so to each school) should be bumped up to accommodate for the additional programming.  I feel like that's going to be really tough to do, so I would agree that it's going to take an extended period of winning and stability within the program to show the powers that be that this is a worthy program.

The bit of good news is that Ford has had success in the A10 before at UMass even though he didn't make the tournament in the 3 years he was there.  Both there and at Eastern Kentucky, his teams consistently improved from his 1st to last years at each program, though he only made the tournament once in those 7 seasons.

I'm not sure if he'll be the long-term solution for SLU, but I certainly think he'll get things moving in the right direction.

45 minutes ago, irishdawg said:

Been a long time guys.

Brad Stevens actually was the coach of Butler when they were invited.  2 days after the league was officially formed is when it was announced that he was going to the Boston Celtics.

SLU would be a likely candidate for an invitation if the Big East ever does decide to expand because of the school's profile, but it's going to boil down to whether or not the Billikens would bring in additional dollars (mostly through TV, but NCAA tourney money helps) to the league to where it's beneficial to all the schools to bring them in.  St. Louis is a great TV sports market, but SLU would have to show the Big East people, who would then have to go to the TV networks to prove that the league's TV deal (which currently brings in $3M or so to each school) should be bumped up to accommodate for the additional programming.  I feel like that's going to be really tough to do, so I would agree that it's going to take an extended period of winning and stability within the program to show the powers that be that this is a worthy program.

Real good point about the money did not think about that too much Blue Koolaide clouding my thinking, thank you irishdawg