For FBJT II

ACE

Coaches entering the season on the hot seat...

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2016/05/18/looking-forward-which-coaches-will-enter-2016-17-on-the-hot-seat/

Not sure why any quality recruit would sign up with Groce at this point. JG was smart. In the case of SPUMAC, no decent recruits are signing with them as they are a dumpster fire. And Bruce Weber... maybe Sneed will come back home after he gets the ax.

I didn't realize Kendrick Nunn was booted this spring, that is a big loss for Groce. I know their fans are looking favorably at this 2017 recruiting class, but they need to take care of business on the court this fall/winter to get that class on campus. If Tilmon does in fact end up opening his recruitment back up, the Illini fan base is going to be in full meltdown mode. I know Malcolm Hill is a star and they had a couple of freshmen play well last season, but on paper they don't strike me as a team that will definitely save Groce his job (appear to be relying on guys like Tracy Abrams and Mike Thorne returning from injuries). I notice Jalen Coleman-Lands had a nice freshman season for them (10.3 points and shot 42% from 3) and went to La Lumiere where his brother Isaiah played with Tilmon (strangely Isaian Coleman-Lands only has one prediction on 247 and it is for SLU). Hopefully the rumors of Tilmon likely opening his recruitment are true and it is because he wants to stay home and play at SLU with Goodwin. If he just opens up his recruitment I assume programs like Kansas, North Carolina, Michigan State, and Texas will get back on him?

SLU rocked, locally, when we had Monroe Douglas, Roland Gray, and added Anthony Bonner- they overcame shortcomings of funding, facilities, and staff to give us quality basketball at the Keil.

J.G. Be our magnet.