Tilkowsky

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

All the key players for foreigners. 

Which is an interesting strategy. Did McGinty recruit mainly foreigners when he was at UVA? I don't seem to remember that.

Is there not enough talent in St. Louis anymore?

is there not enough talent in America anymore?

are they just not interested in coming to SLU?

Slufan set me straight. How many wins are you predicting?

Oh goodie, TrollPants is back.   He has come to save billikens.com. 

Still no original thoughts? You posted this same junk in June on the 2016 Soccer Schedule thread and now you try it again? 

Go back to the PD Forums where your troll buddies abound.

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Oh goodie, TrollPants is back.   He has come to save billikens.com. 

Still no original thoughts? You posted this same junk in June on the 2016 Soccer Schedule thread and now you try it again? 

Go back to the PD Forums where your troll buddies abound.

I would like your insight into the soccer team.

13 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

I would like your insight into the soccer team.

No you don't. You don't care what anyone thinks unless they agree with your twisted hatred of SLU.

Go back to the June 21 2016 Soccer Schedule thread, all is answered there.  And no, I won't give you a link TrollPants.  You can find it yourself.

2 hours ago, Tilkowsky said:

Which is an interesting strategy. Did McGinty recruit mainly foreigners when he was at UVA? I don't seem to remember that.

Is there not enough talent in St. Louis anymore?

is there not enough talent in America anymore?

are they just not interested in coming to SLU?

Slufan set me straight. How many wins are you predicting?

Since this thread is bogus anways, I might as well go off the rails here...

Let's build a wall around campus (...er....I guess Biondi already did put up fences around campus....oh well...) to keep these illegal immigrants from taking scholarships away from hard working American soccer players.  #MakeSLUSoccerGreatAgain #BuildTheWall

When I'm elected SLU soccer coach, SLU will win all the games.  I am predicting a yuuge number of wins.  I only recruit winners, believe me.  This loser McGinty has ruined SLU soccer.  SAD!

Crooked Tilkowsky is being protected by the media. He is not a talented person or commenter. The dishonest media refuses to expose!

The only thing I will say is back in the 1970's the University of San Francisco did the same thing that SLU is doing.

Mostly foreign players. They were greeted in Saint Louis with derision.

SLU fans used to be proud of the fact that St. Louis kids went to SLU. What happened?

Aren't there enough American kids to give scholarships to?

Evidently not.

3 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

The only thing I will say is back in the 1970's the University of San Francisco did the same thing that SLU is doing.

Mostly foreign players. They were greeted in Saint Louis with derision.

SLU fans used to be proud of the fact that St. Louis kids went to SLU. What happened?

Aren't there enough American kids to give scholarships to?

Evidently not.

dpt8r.jpg

Donigan tried to build around St. Louis guys and had mild success. You just can't do it anymore. When we were dominating the landscape the competition was nowhere close to what it is now. I've said it before that if McGinty isn't on the hot seat now he should be. We shouldn't be missing tournaments...you happy?

Just want to the roster page on the website.  Here's the breakdown for anyone who cares:

St. Louis Area  - 8

Foreign Country - 10

US outside of St. Louis Area - 14

Two or three of the St. Louis area kids also seem like they are new to the area from another country.

53 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

If soccer falls in the woods, but no one is there to hear it, does it make a noise? 

Yes. We should have a competitive and viable fall program. Good for the school, good for athletics, good for student spirit. 

College soccer has fun and intense atmospheres from Cal Poly, to Louisville, to Maryland, to Creighton. There is no reason it shouldn't be this way at SLU. Zero.

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Donigan tried to build around St. Louis guys and had mild success. You just can't do it anymore. When we were dominating the landscape the competition was nowhere close to what it is now. I've said it before that if McGinty isn't on the hot seat now he should be. We shouldn't be missing tournaments...you happy?

Kind of.

mcGinty should have been fired three years ago.

I get an earful from some friends who say St. Louis just oozes college soccer talent.

When I say where is that talent at SLU I get a thousand excuses why no one doesn't want to go there.

doesnt make any sense.

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

Just want to the roster page on the website.  Here's the breakdown for anyone who cares:

St. Louis Area  - 8

Foreign Country - 10

US outside of St. Louis Area - 14

Two or three of the St. Louis area kids also seem like they are new to the area from another country.

Should be Foreign country 11, Saint Louis area 7.

They list Saddiq Mohhamed from St. Louis which I don't know what that is all about

Went to the PRe-season kickoff dinner which had Kavanaugh from World Wide talk plus some guys from Saint Louis FC.  Theme like last year was about respecting the history, taking advantage of the opportunity, and being a part of the billiken family.

In terms of this season, we will have a lot of new faces and there may or may not be growing pains. If the talent is good, we'll transition ok.  McGinty brought in a couple JUCO guys I believe including a centerback from Jeff College which is a solid program.  That will alleviate some of the inexperience and youth on the team.  Goalie is solid as are the wing backs.  The one german centerback - Julien - is back as well.  I am excited to see the new former refugee kid play.  This will be a hungry bunch with many positions up for grabs.

In terms of recruiting, yes, Virginia recruited overseas and I remember the big Germans they had even back in 2006 when they played it the College Cup at SLU.  So no it's not new to McGinty given his time at Virginia.

20 hours ago, Tilkowsky said:

Should be Foreign country 11, Saint Louis area 7.

They list Saddiq Mohhamed from St. Louis which I don't know what that is all about

Okay TrollPants, so you don't like foreigners.  Is that why you called SLU Alumni Kevin Lisch a "traitor" on the PD SLU Forum, using Black Cat one of your many stage names?  Care to explain your remark?

y Black Cat » 19 Aug 2016 07:46 am
stlwaino50 wrote: We need to keep praying that Lisch wins a medal in these Olympics. Being able to hang a replica next to the already overflowing trophy case would be awesome for the Billikens. Lisch is certainly making SLU and Belleville proud and it's great to see what a hard-working man with so much talent can do. Just goes to show that America is the greatest country in the world and our own citizens are able to push foreign countries over the top in their own forms of success. I can't wait to see Kevin come back to the USA knowing that he saved the country of Australia all while making America, SLU, and Belleville proud.

Good luck today Kevin! Even if you don't win a medal, you've done a ton for this country, school, and city. We love you bud!

Kevin Lisch is a traitor.