We're going to build a huuuuge team, and make...

others who decided that they "will not renew season tickets" at the announcement that Ford was going to be the next coach of SLU appear a little silly, i.e. SLUDrew.  I mean how stupid are we?  Here's the story folks, we couldn't ask for anything better thus far.  Remember when the choice appeared to be between Ford and that vicious snake Drew.  I think Ford was the best choice to make the Billikens great again.  Drew was so crooked.  Ford is going to win, so that you all will be so tired of winning.  You'll even feel sorry for the other teams, but Ford's gonna keep on winning.  Ford has built successful teams in the past.  He will do it again.  Show up to the games starting in November and give Ford a chance to coach this team out of its malaise.  We should start seeing massive improvement by the end of his 2nd year.

That is all.

Not sure what this "vicious snake Drew" reference is all about but why is it necessary to even bring up the Drew failed courtship - move on.  Now I do agree that those who stamped their feet and held their breath so to speak by announcing that they were not renewing their season tix were silly.  For a long time season tix holder who has suffered through all the fits and starts this program has given over the years - up with Grawer then down, up with Spoon then down, up with Romar then down, Brad S never really had his up ( I don't count NIT appearances the same as NCAA berths - there nice but not the pay day of prestige and money), up with RM - no really downs once he got it going, up with Crews and splat.  I have been pleasantly surprised with Ford's recruiting performance so far but once again time will only tell how it all works out.  I am ever hopeful as always and I do agree the 2017-18 season should be a big turn around.  I have even raised my expectations a little for this season - playing 500 ball is not off the table but don't bet the farm on it.

Drew is just a bad person, I mean the whole family...bad people.

The buy games we did, big mistake.  I mean we just gave it away with getting nothing in return.  Who made those deals? Crews, Drew would've been Crews 2.0.  Ford won't make those deals he'll make beautiful deals on games that we'll love.

12 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Drew is just a bad person, I mean the whole family...bad people.

The buy games we did, big mistake.  I mean we just gave it away with getting nothing in return.  Who made those deals? Crews, Drew would've been Crews 2.0.  Ford won't make those deals he'll make beautiful deals on games that we'll love.

A_Bomb gets it.  We're not going to be the stupid people anymore.  We're tired of losing recruits to other out-of-state schools.  Although Ford has appeared to seal the state border and is keeping local recruits here, he has gone even further and left a big wide open door for outstanding out-of-state recruits to come here to SLU.  If a recruit does leave the state for an out-of-state school, Ford (even though it's not really coach-like) is gonna call up the recruit's family and tell them they made a big mistake and it's gonna cost them.  

Also, Ford isn't gonna let riffraff into SLU any longer.  Ford is gonna kick the riffraff out and its about time.  They don't belong here anyway.  Good recruits will be coming to SLU, but they have to come here through the right recruiting channels and be properly vetted - not letting them in on a promise that they will be good.  Failing Crews just let anybody come to SLU.  It was like an open invitation to anyone to come in.  Sure some posters here will say I'm a Crews-hater, but these posters are some of the most disgusting and dishonest people I know - believe me.  I tell them how it is and I'll say something insightful, but they'll twist what I say because they were in the tank for Crews or Drew.  Sometimes I'll post something trying to be sarcastic, but they twist that too.  Sad!             

Finally, Ford wants to decrease ticket prices for the hard-working fans.  Crews would've increased ticket prices.  Crews seemed tender-hearted, but he was actually a vicious snake.  That is why he was told by SLU, "You're fired." 

NextYearBill you just can't allow yourself to think like that because it diminishes you and it does nothing to Crews. Crews is gone and is not missed. He will do with his money whatever he wants to do with it. It is none of our business, he is out of our collective lives and that should be enough. Let's spend our time and energy celebrating the arrival of Ford and dreaming about a bright future.

46 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

is "crews hater" a thing? I was under the impression we all hate Crews.... am i wrong? I hope he loses all his retirement money to a telemarketing scam. 

I thought Crews was abysmal at running a Division 1 basketball program from top to bottom, but I harbor no ill will toward him personally. I hope he has a great retirement.

Stan Kroenke, Kevin Demoff, and Roger Goodell, on the other hand , I hope they end getting caught up in a white collar crime ring.

36 minutes ago, Old guy said:

NextYearBill you just can't allow yourself to think like that because it diminishes you and it does nothing to Crews. Crews is gone and is not missed. He will do with his money whatever he wants to do with it. It is none of our business, he is out of our collective lives and that should be enough. Let's spend our time and energy celebrating the arrival of Ford and dreaming about a bright future.

well said. i agree. we deserve TFord

2 hours ago, billiCAN said:

My understanding is that Ford is going to build a wall around our Saint Louis recruits and Columbia, Mo will be paying for that wall.

Specifically, the Mizzou basketball fans will be paying for it.  I know some Mizzou basketball fans.  They are some of the most disgusting and dishonest people.  Just look at 'em.  They won 't even report when we get great recruits.  Sad!