Welcome to SLU, Jordan Goodwin!

Pistol

1 minute ago, jimbofive said:

Just getting back from an oil rig, was following this right up to the wire yesterday then had to crank off into the Mojave for a 30-hour peyote binge.  (Not that much of a lie)

Just got to the airport in Vegas, and I'm yelling WOO WOO like Terry Tate.

HATE HATE HATE to JGOOD and TFORD.

Billllllliiiiesssssss

You are the only happy person at the Las Vegas airport 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

You are the only happy person at the Las Vegas airport 

Dude, this place is a dogshit shitstorm. Total garbage.  I've been glaring at our waitress at that PGA Tour Grill piece of (the only restaurant open) trying to get her to take a swing at me.  Get me the out of here.

Maybe someone else already posted this article somewhere, but I particularly liked these quotes from Goodwin:

"I'm not rushing but it's all about timing," he said. "The Billiken fans are thirsty to know if I was going there so I said, 'Why not. I might as well let the world know.'"

"I'm not being cocky but with the team we've got — and hopefully we get a few more guys looking heavily at SLU — I think we can easily make the (NCAA) Tournament," Goodwin said.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/billiken-beat/althoff-standout-goodwin-chooses-slu-over-mizzou-illini/article_fc606b0c-9ee3-5e1d-98fe-681f735f6c1a.html 

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:48 PM, Rk119 said:

Hey guys, Illini fan here in peace.

First off, congrats on the commitment! You got a heck of a player and someone who will take you guys far. It'll be a fun 4 years of j-good.

Second, please ignore our moronic fans who feel it necessary to use social media to vent their frustration. They're losers. Unfortunately, every fan base has that small percentage of people who forget we're the adults following high school kids, lol

Third, a lot of our fan base frustration comes from the fact Goodwin hasn't responded to our coaches in nearly a month( probably when he decided on SLU). Just a tough situation for a staff that has followed you the hardest for nearly 5 years, but that's recruiting. It has an ugly side. Credit to Ford/Tate for getting it done.

Lastly, stay away from Tilmon. :)

Congrats, again!

We are aware of how difficult it is to put everything into a recruit and then lose them to another program (Tatum).  Also, we'll stay away from Tilmon when the Illini promise to stay away from every kid we get a commitment from for the next 50 years.  Assuming that doesn't happen, the game is the game.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 0:38 AM, thetorch said:

This should defintely be part of the starting lineup video in 2017.

I was thinking the exact same thing (referring to the Billiken chasing JG dream).  I can imagine some song with a lot of base playing and different guys on the team running into the Billiken at different places on campus.  The Billiken then chases them toward the Fetz where there's a huge crowd of screaming fans welcoming them.

29 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I was thinking the exact same thing (referring to the Billiken chasing JG dream).  I can imagine some song with a lot of base playing and different guys on the team running into the Billiken at different places on campus.  The Billiken then chases them toward the Fetz where there's a huge crowd of screaming fans welcoming them.

Wash U has done something similar for years now...

Holy cow! I fall off the map for a couple months when things were looking kinda ugly and come back to this?! 

Really needed a happy Billikens story. So glad it was this. 

Hello all!