Pistol

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, billiken class of 15 said:

Victory 

Some of the Illinois fans are ALMOST as bad as SPUMAC fans. This is awesome on so many levels... a top 50 caliber player is obviously huge, and getting one that is local is a bonus. SPUMAC fans really hate Ford and now Tate... they never had a shot. And the level or arrogance of these Illinois fans is really funny. They have been coveting him for weeks, now many are questioning his ability and worse, trashing his character.

49 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Loving Goodwin's dream

“What really got me about SLU was I had a dream about it,” he said. “I was being chased by a Billiken. In my dream I was running and I went to the arena — and that’s when the Billiken finally caught me.

The SLU version of the "I Have a Dream" speech. Take us to the mountaintop, dude, with the content of your character. Or, if you wish, averaging 24 ppg would be cool, too. ;) 

3 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

Saw on Twitter someone suggest that Goodwin could have similar impact to VanVleet at WSU. If he makes that impact, this is absolutely huge for the Bills. 

Love it! A Fred VanVleet/Ron Baker comparison makes sense to me, such competitive tough kids who could also play.

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

Anyone wanna bet that Goodwin falls in the rankings because he isn't going to a big name school?

I hope Tilmon and Pickett are paying attention to the trashing not only Jordan is taking from Illini fans, but the trashing Jordan's family is now taking.

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I hope Tilmon and Pickett are paying attention to the trashing not only Jordan is taking from Illini fans, but the trashing Jordan's family is now taking.

This guy David Theisen (Illini101458) on twitter is all over talking about SLU bribing Goodwin.  Crazy

2 minutes ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

JUST IMAGINE WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED IF WE DIDNT HAVE JIM CREWS RUNNING THINGS. He took all that success and ran it into the ground. Then dug a ditch and ran it into the ditch

Let it go. His Edsel has driven off into the sunset. Look ahead to where our new Mustang Shelby is already taking us. 

1 hour ago, waldo027 said:

SR: Bartley, Roby, Gillmann

JR: Neufeld, Bishop, Foreman, Henriquez, Bess

SO: Welmer, Johnson, Moore

FR: Goodwin, 1 more

Looks like an NCAA team on paper to me.

I would not be surprised if "questions arise" about Goodwin and he falls in the rankings, even out of the top 100.

2017-2018 starting lineup: Goodwin, Henriquez, Bess, Foreman, ???

I think Johnson is going to be better than people realize. Call it a hunch, good feeling, whatever. Maybe if he's as good as Ford says, we could go with a very Ford lineup with him as the fifth, not playing a true post player. He's definitely got the length to guard bigs.

I think also that Moore is going to be a useful player on this team. He's going to have some growing pains and a learning curve, but I think he should be a nice parting gift from Crews' staff. I also have a good feeling that Welmer and Bishop will be solid contributors this season and going forward.

Bartley, Gillmann, and Roby could potentially struggle for minutes as seniors. But they have a real chance to prove themselves this season with a 10-active scholarship player roster. Assuming they're all healthy, and reports suggest they are, I hope they all take a step forward this season. I don't think they're going to want to transfer as seniors when they finally have a chance to be on a winning squad.

Neufeld is the one facing a make-or-break season more than anyone this year. If we don't see big improvement there, I find it hard to believe he'd be on the 2017-2018 team. Even if he stays, a big man is my wish for that other currently open 2017 scholarship.

40 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

This guy David Theisen (Illini101458) on twitter is all over talking about SLU bribing Goodwin.  Crazy

Holy cow. That guy is legitimately nuts and claims to be a sales manager for a text book company. He has tweeted a dozen times about some $325,000 number. 

1 minute ago, JMM28 said:

Holy cow. That guy is legitimately nuts and claims to be a sales manager for a text book company. He has tweeted a dozen times about some $325,000 number. 

Agree.  He told one guy to DM him for details, somebody should DM to see what crazy details he comes up with.