Lisch and The Boomers on tv tomorrow

BLIKNS

Looks like Noon (Central)....NBC Sports is supposed to show Australia  vs. France

12 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Is it just me or should SLU be trying to make a much bigger deal out of this than they are?

Maybe but it still is just Australia.

Aussies win going away. Solid minutes and play from Kevin. I didn't see the T Parker play, but who hasn't he blown by. Miss that left hand shot. SLU got mentioned a couple of times. Can't hurt, eh? Surprised w/ Kevin and Cody playing down under we can't tap into that pipeline more. Did Mills play for Zaga, St.Mary's, or neither?  

27 minutes ago, almaman said:

it is against us 5pm weds

It will be interesting to see how the Aussies fare against USA.  An upset seems impossible, but maybe they keep it close-ish and, hopefully Lisch has a nice game.

Seems very likely now that AUS will finish 2nd in Group A.  They already have wins against France & Serbia who are the only teams besides AUS & USA to have wins through 2 games.  Side note: AUS was ranked 11th in the world after the 2015 FIBA Championships, France was 5th and Sebria 6th.

The issue they'll have in the knockout stage is that Group B seems to have stronger non-USA teams (Argentina (4th in FIBA rankings), Lithuania (3rd), and Spain (2nd) (still a threat despite the upset Croatia pulled).  Therefore, AUS will have their work cut out for them into order to get a medal, but finishing 2nd in Group A would still be a big help since it puts them on the opposite side of the bracket as USA.  The Croatia upset could help them as well if Croatia finishes 3rd in Group B, then AUS draws them in the 1st knockout stage.

I'm assuming this is all heading toward an eight team final tournament.  If AUS finishes second in their Group, then they would either be the 3 or the 4 seed in the tournament.  That would get them either the 5 or the 6 seed.  Win that game and they would only have to win one of their next two in the tournament to medal.

If the Aussies land a medal, we would have to find a way to get him back for a game this season for a halftime ceremony.

13 hours ago, NextYearBill said:

"fun game to watch" - kevin lisch

He got some good minutes in the first couple games. I turned it on when he was playing in the first half. Of course, I was able to watch the whole second half, as he sat.