Goodwin Info

Ibruce

14 hours ago, tarheelbilliken said:

Are you talking about the talent hypothetically Tatum would been playing with for the 16-17 season with Crews coaching? I hate to break it to you the talent you are going to witness this next season is totally awful. Hopefully they will show some heart, play hard and maybe beat out another 11 win season. Tatum would had no support and with Crews coaching, with his lack of preparation and coaching strategy, the problem would been compounded.

As far getting Tatum for the 17-18 season over Goodwin, I am leaning for a player that would be with us 4 years were we can build around rather then one and done. We are not Kentucky or a Duke were they reload every year with mickeyD all-Americans.

"I hate to break it to you," bud, but Tatum would make the tournament with a blind kid, a monkey, and my two grandmothers.  

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be more surprised if somebody said we were in the driver's seat.  Until he commits elsewhere, I will probably always think Illinois will be the most likely destination.  The good thing is that he won't commit until October 23rd so Ford and now Tate still have time.  

13 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Can't embed the link, but the following was posted by Roy Schmidt of Bullseye:

"With no offense meant to anyone at SLU, I can assure folks the Billikens are HARDLY in the "driver's seat" for Jordan Goodwin."

Why is Roy Schmidt protecting his tweets?

First and foremost, let's focus on the future, not Tatum. He's gone. I can't wait until he is in the NBA so I can hate him with all get out because he is a professional athlete...

I'd love to know how it came down to a two horse race between us and Illinois... And if he is going there for sure, why wait to announce?

Is it true he is close to Tillmon?

1 hour ago, SLU_Nick said:

+1

LSU had more talent than just Simmons too.  What a failure of a coaching job.

+1

Crews was a far worse coach then Johnny Jones.

Abas, since this argument is based on hypothetical situation, we will never know. Just be grateful Crews is gone.

13 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

First and foremost, let's focus on the future, not Tatum. He's gone. I can't wait until he is in the NBA so I can hate him with all get out because he is a professional athlete...

I'd love to know how it came down to a two horse race between us and Illinois... And if he is going there for sure, why wait to announce?

Is it true he is close to Tillmon?

Yea they are close.  He has said they are like brothers.  Of course in the same interview he also said that Coach Tate is like a father to him.  

Just now, Bills_06 said:

Yea they are close.  He has said they are like brothers.  Of course in the same interview he also said that Coach Tate is like a father to him.  

I recall that about Tate. That's tough for the young man.

I will be holding my breath until October. I wonder if style of play, what position he will play, will go into the decision.

3 minutes ago, prebilliken said:

I recall that about Tate. That's tough for the young man.

I will be holding my breath until October. I wonder if style of play, what position he will play, will go into the decision.

Frank said the other day that SLU thinks he can play the point.  Sounds like Ford is pushing the Marcus smart angle too.

1 minute ago, Bills_06 said:

Frank said the other day that SLU thinks he can play the point.  Sounds like Ford is pushing the Marcus smart angle too.

Nice to have a coach that can push the "I have put players in the NBA" angle.

I LOVED Smart's style of play in college. I think big guards are so dominant in college.

9 hours ago, abas115 said:

"I hate to break it to you," bud, but Tatum would make the tournament with a blind kid, a monkey, and my two grandmothers.  

He had more talent than that in HIGH SCHOOL and could not take his team to the championship game until his senior season.  You should not make him out to be something he is not.

14 hours ago, doowop said:

He had more talent than that in HIGH SCHOOL and could not take his team to the championship game until his senior season.  You should not make him out to be something he is not.

Until his senior season, when he was undoubtedly NBA ready. He's still NBA ready, and with Crews coaching we're talking different story. Under Ford, with Tatum, and the monkey-blind kid-grandma supporting cast he makes the tourney as a low seed. 

Ya'll are failing to mention the high probability of other players following suit after Tatum's theoretical commitment. It'd be a domino effect of high-caliber players, i.e. Tyler Cook? Possibilities, but the likelihood of Tatum signing and us having the same exact roster and incoming recruits as if he didn't is very low. 

1 hour ago, abas115 said:

Until his senior season, when he was undoubtedly NBA ready. He's still NBA ready, and with Crews coaching we're talking different story. Under Ford, with Tatum, and the monkey-blind kid-grandma supporting cast he makes the tourney as a low seed. 

Ya'll are failing to mention the high probability of other players following suit after Tatum's theoretical commitment. It'd be a domino effect of high-caliber players, i.e. Tyler Cook? Possibilities, but the likelihood of Tatum signing and us having the same exact roster and incoming recruits as if he didn't is very low. 

If you're assuming that other players would have followed Tatum to SLU, then his supporting cast is not "monkey - blind kid - grandma."  Given what happened with Ben Simmons and LSU last year, I don't think you can say with confidence that a Tatum led SLU team makes the tournament without any other talent on the team.

Now if your argument is that if we had Ford a year earlier, he got Tatum to commit, and we were able to add some other talented players because of Ford and Tatum, then I think you have an argument.  However, the two are completely different scenarios.

On 8/4/2016 at 2:56 PM, Cowboy said:

-I know Roy's brother Jack but he has no info on the Goodwin recruiting at this time

Hanging curve ball. Already swung at, but needs to be driven out of the park.

Aw, c'mon, Cowboy. Anyone who reads the board can see that you don't know Jack Schmidt. 

(Unless, of course, you bought your Ford on the east side. ;) ) 

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

If you're assuming that other players would have followed Tatum to SLU, then his supporting cast is not "monkey - blind kid - grandma."  Given what happened with Ben Simmons and LSU last year, I don't think you can say with confidence that a Tatum led SLU team makes the tournament without any other talent on the team.

Now if your argument is that if we had Ford a year earlier, he got Tatum to commit, and we were able to add some other talented players because of Ford and Tatum, then I think you have an argument.  However, the two are completely different scenarios.

I did fail to mention that my grandma can hoop like nobody's business. Grandma Basler and JT would be one of the top backcourts in the nation.