Goodwin Info

Ibruce

On August 4, 2016 at 1:41 PM, DeSmetBilliken said:

Can't embed the link, but the following was posted by Roy Schmidt of Bullseye:

"With no offense meant to anyone at SLU, I can assure folks the Billikens are HARDLY in the "driver's seat" for Jordan Goodwin."

I heard Roy Schmidt just tweeted that Tilmon isn't going anywhere, but Illinois.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

No, if he will not go anywhere but IL how can that be good news for us - for IL yes.

You're missing their point regarding how wrong Schmidt was regarding SLU's not being in the driver's seat for Goodwin.  They're insinuating that he isn't as plugged in as he lets on.

I'm not holding my breath on Tilmon; I trust Coach Ford to get some quality players and/or develop the players on the roster such that contention for the top of the A-10 and the Tournament are likely in 2018.

28 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

According to an article in the Belleville News Democrat Goodwin is playing football this year.

15 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Kind of hoping he wouldn't do that, but he's an athlete.

He'll be all right.  He's a kid.  You only get to go through high school once.  Playing sports tends to keep kids motivated and out of trouble.  I'd be fine if he also ran track or played baseball in the spring, too.

Would be bizarro if he goes all metro or POY in football and then not play in college. I hope he's way into his commitment to us. I would fear him starring and rethinking decision to not play football more  than that he would get injured, which is of course a fear too. Wish Ford could just tell him not to.

He is a good football player, but he is a great basketball player. He wants to play with his buddies and win a state championship in football too which they have a legitimate shot at. Althoff is a small school. A player his caliber not playing is a big hit. I think his competitive nature won't let him cheer from the sidelines if he can be in there helping. That's a good thing.

2 hours ago, kmbilliken said:

He is a good football player, but he is a great basketball player. He wants to play with his buddies and win a state championship in football too which they have a legitimate shot at. Althoff is a small school. A player his caliber not playing is a big hit. I think his competitive nature won't let him cheer from the sidelines if he can be in there helping. That's a good thing.

Agreed. People on here worry too much and you can't live life in a bubble.