Goodwin Info

Ibruce

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ran into Chris May at Lambert on Saturday night and gave him a thumbs up on Goodwin.  He smiled and said, "we're not done...hoping for two more."

Take it for what it's worth, but starting to connect the dots leads me to believe he knows we're in with another big time recruit (or two).

1 hour ago, kappy96 said:

Ran into Chris May at Lambert on Saturday night and gave him a thumbs up on Goodwin.  He smiled and said, "we're not done...hoping for two more."

Take it for what it's worth, but starting to connect the dots leads me to believe he knows we're in with another big time recruit (or two).

2 more - interesting - we only have one schollie left.  I guess they clearly know something we don't know.  Maybe somebody can graduate early after next year.

4 minutes ago, WestCoastBilliken said:
User Actions
  Follow
wAHrEQy2_bigger.jpgAlex Roux@aroux94

Source indicates Illini commit Jeremiah Tilmon plans to transfer back to East St. Louis for his sr. season of hoops

It's all coming together for us. Groce also lost his DBO today. Everybody is jumping ship. Hopefully the Illini and all of their cheating won't get in the way of the master plan. Seriously, why would anybody want to play for Groce.

My cousin's ex-wife has an uncle who's best friend's son knows a guy who was a few years older than Travis Ford's wife's sister's freshman year college roommate. He said that after we paid Goodwin $300k, Tilmon actually asked for $400k and Ford told him the final offer was $350k and the answers to a score of 24 on the ACT. Will keep you guys updated

36 minutes ago, ACE said:

My sources now tell me that it is the terrible behavior of some of the Illinois fans and the way they treated JG that has FBJT II reconsidering his commitment.

Hahaha, that would be amazing (although online idiots exist for every program with a fan base). Is it assumed that Illinois placed him at La Lumiere? Definitely big news for the possibility of him backing out of his commitment to Illinois, but can't be considered a good thing for him qualifying. 

I know the $500 cost each of new leather briefcases is small and minor compared the fat stacks inside ($326,000 for Tillmon, right?) but it would be nice to be able to re-use these briefcase.  At this rate, we are sure going thru our briefcase budget and Coach Ford has only been on the job for 5 months!!:P

26 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

I know the $500 cost each of new leather briefcases is small and minor compared the fat stacks inside ($326,000 for Tillmon, right?) but it would be nice to be able to re-use these briefcase.  At this rate, we are sure going thru our briefcase budget and Coach Ford has only been on the job for 5 months!!:P

-we need the security of the leather briefcases to avoid the package opening on the conveyor belt at Emery Freight like what happened to UK and Eddie Sutton

-it's a shame that trip to Vegas isn't a couple of weeks earlier as everyone travels to and from Vegas with $326,000 in cash, we could fly the kid and his posse out on the recruiting jet and they could have a good time for a few days

I find it funny that a program that wouldn't allow a coach to expense buying the team ice cream a few years back is now being accused of dufflebagging $300,000.00 to a recruit.  Hey idiot Illini fans, we don't have that kind of program and that kind of jack.

Coach Ford called me and I pitched in a 1993 Saturn SL1. It's got a couple of dents on the left rear quarter and a hard shift between 2nd and 3rd ... but I think the chicks will dig it. It may be a little cramped but with the seat reclined just enough for the proper lean I'm sure it'll work out fine

Apparently you can have given out more schollies then you have as long as you are not using more than 13 at a time.  So if you sign 3 in the Fall when you only have 2 to give then it is alright as long as you find the extra schollie before school starts the next year.  KY did this a couple of years ago.  So it is possible that we could end up doing the same thing.  Wonder how that sits with the current players?

Cheeseman sounds to me like the glass half full and half empty at the same time. Sounds to me that you are concerned the players will likely give up and take it with resignation, lack of purpose, and poor performance. However they can also be stimulated by the need to do their best to be part of the team the following year. See, the glass is half full and half empty at the same time, the results will be very different depending on how the players look at it. Let's hope the players become more interested in finding positive solutions than ways to criticize or being negative. I assume Ford will keep this conflict well under control and in hand. With Crews, on the other hand, the team would stall in mid flight and come crashing down as it did in the last two years.