Goodwin Info

Ibruce

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Coach Ford has made my feelings of the hire look ridiculous ever since the day he was announced as the coach.

His use of social media, working with the local media, charisma, recruiting, I was 100 percent wrong.

Agree. Now I just hope he can prove the tactical stuff wrong too.

29 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Coach Ford has made my feelings of the hire look ridiculous ever since the day he was announced as the coach.

His use of social media, working with the local media, charisma, recruiting, I was 100 percent wrong.

Ford has done a great job, I am not sure anyone could have had realistic expectations of anything better than this. Well done coach.

However, most of the concerns for Ford had little to do with his ability to attract talent (although I did have some concerns since he was going from Okie State and the Big 12 to SLU). At least now the only concern is x's and o's based.

10 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Ford has done a great job, I am not sure anyone could have had realistic expectations of anything better than this. Well done coach.

However, most of the concerns for Ford had little to do with his ability to attract talent (although I did have some concerns since he was going from Okie State and the Big 12 to SLU). At least now the only concern is x's and o's based.

I agree with the concern but the excitement level of Billiken Basketball is incredible and currently I think based on todays excitement it is as high as when coach Majerus was the coach.  No matter what happens I back Chris May on the decision to hire coach Ford.  I am glad that I don't have to read about coach Ford's big time recruiting for another school.

Are the bad feelings the Irons boys had for the Eagles a thing of the past?  Floyd went out and started his own AAU program because he hated his players playing for the Eagle. That could be an issue with Tate on the staff when it comes to Stockard.

16 minutes ago, Zink said:

Tough to find much info on him. Is he a reach at this point?

No. Stockard has offers from Marquette, Cincinnati, Xavier, DePaul, K-State, New Mexico, and several others. A buddy from Marquette said they were "prioritizing" him. I don't think he's a reach at all.

10 minutes ago, Pistol said:

No. Stockard has offers from Marquette, Cincinnati, Xavier, DePaul, K-State, New Mexico, and several others. A buddy from Marquette said they were "prioritizing" him. I don't think he's a reach at all.

Cool. Just glanced at verbal commits and they didn't have any ranking info. Would 'late bloomer' or 'under the radar' be a better designation, perhaps?

On 8/8/2016 at 0:39 PM, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Also, also - The fact that the "l" and "u" in my profile name are lowercase is really bothering me. Is there any way to right this wrong and capitalize them?

Click on your username in the top right.  Go to Account Settings.  Then Display Name.

Just now, Zink said:

Cool. Just glanced at verbal commits and they didn't have any ranking info. Would 'late bloomer' or 'under the radar' be a better designation, perhaps?

Not sure, he is a stud football player too, so that might play into it as well. I heard a guy on the radio the other week with Frank C and he said that if Stockard focused on football he could be a potential pro. I think he also transferred schools (Madison Prep to the V). It is odd that he has these high level offers, but most in St. Louis don't know much about him (me included, so not a shot).