Goodwin Info

Ibruce

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Illini board does point out once Ford gets a few good recruiting classes here, he will bolt...maybe. 

Would be nice to steal Tillman from them as well.

Ford will have to produce big time results in the tournament to move on anytime soon.  It will take a a top 20 job for him to leave on his own and it will take results on the court for those schools to overlook his so so record at Oklahoma St..

2 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

I always love reading other boards quoting this board. They never pick up on the subtlety. 

Anyways, think we can get a group rate on some hotels for 2018 final four?

We have a pretty strong Billiken foothold in Texas. They'll hook us up.

I mean let's be real guys.. Illinois beat out Kansas, North Carolina, Texas, and Michigan State for Tilmon.. I don't think he would've even had a second thought of going to SLU. Goodwin isn't a mcDonalds all-American caliber player so I don't think he's enough to swing a guy like Tilmon honestly

7 minutes ago, SLUbball said:

I mean let's be real guys.. Illinois beat out Kansas, North Carolina, Texas, and Michigan State for Tilmon.. I don't think he would've even had a second thought of going to SLU. Goodwin isn't a mcDonalds all-American caliber player so I don't think he's enough to swing a guy like Tilmon honestly

okaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Just now, SLUbball said:

He's gonna be an NBA player regardless, Ben Simmons didn't exactly play for the best coach either 

Just now, SLUbball said:

He's gonna be an NBA player regardless, Ben Simmons didn't exactly play for the best coach either 

With that logic why does it matter wether he goes to SLU or Illinois?

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Brianstl > SLUbball

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I love SLU with a passion don't get me wrong, but big time prospects usually want to play on a bigger stage like the Big Ten. He will play against the best players in the country and improve is draft stock by doing so. Also lets not forget that we have been horrible the last 2 seasons..

1 minute ago, SLUbball said:

I love SLU with a passion don't get me wrong, but big time prospects usually want to play on a bigger stage like the Big Ten. He will play against the best players in the country and improve is draft stock by doing so. Also lets not forget that we have been horrible the last 2 seasons..

We have been to the NCAA more recently than Illinois. No doubt the last 2 seasons have been awful, but part of the reason for that was fired.

3 minutes ago, SLUbball said:

your passion is contagious 

6 minutes ago, SLUbball said:

Somebody better tell Thon Maker this.

I'm not meaning to be so negative around here but it's hard for me to think all of a sudden we have became a powerhouse because we might get a top 50 recruit. I hope I get proved wrong! I want to see this program take off and be very successful for years to come!

I'm not meaning to be so negative around here but it's hard for me to think all of a sudden we have became a powerhouse because we might get a top 50 recruit. I hope I get proved wrong! I want to see this program take off and be very successful for years to come!

This is my favorite bull**** argument. This is assuming that it's still 19 F*CKING 85 and there are like 10 channels on tv and ESPN is the only National Sports game in town. TV exposure is an antiquated reason to go to a school.

11 minutes ago, SLUbball said:

11 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

This is my favorite bull**** argument. This is assuming that it's still 19 F*CKING 85 and there are like 10 channels on tv and ESPN is the only National Sports game in town. TV exposure is an antiquated reason to go to a school.

Well...

There is a huge difference between CBS and A10 Network / Fox Sports Whateverweareon... 

4 minutes ago, SLUbball said:

I get where you're coming from, and honestly I think that if The Pelican's suggestion that we'd have another commit along with Goodwin is true, the other recruit is someone other than Tilmon. 

With that said, do you consider Western Kentucky to be a program capable of landing a Tilmon-level recruit? If your answer is no, I'll tell you that at this moment, the #10 recruit in the country is committed there. Tilmon is in the 20-25 range. 

37 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

I always love reading other boards quoting this board. They never pick up on the subtlety. 

Anyways, think we can get a group rate on some hotels for 2018 final four?

They'll never understand the unique brand of sarcastic smart-azzery that comes from a Jesuit education.