Goodwin Info

Ibruce

32 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Frank Cusamano tweeted that he thinks SLU fans are going to get some great news with Goodwin soon.

-this would be quite a nice get, great work by Coach Ford and the staff to gain the ground they have, let's close the deal 

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to be the pessimist in the group but I'll believe it when I see it. Frank is a great cheerleader for the Bills but he's more often wrong then right so no matter how plugged in he is I'll wait to get too excited. Still, things are trending well.

11 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I hate to be the pessimist in the group but I'll believe it when I see it. Frank is a great cheerleader for the Bills but he's more often wrong then right so no matter how plugged in he is I'll wait to get too excited. Still, things are trending well.

Pelican is more plugged in than Frank. If he says it, I believe it.

10 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Some solid replies from Illinois fans to Frank's tweet.  Would be enjoyable to see their reaction to lose a recruit to SLU.  

The internet is great.  People already trashing him as player on one of the Illini boards.

12 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

This momentum has been growing for a while now. Unless everyone is getting their info from the same source and that source ends up being wrong, it appears Goodwin will be a Billiken.

Especially from the day Tate was hired. This is one recruitment where I think some on this board are able to get information from those beyond just the coaching staff, so some appear to be hearing good things from the coaching staff (who are always going to think they are in good shape with their primary recruiting targets) and others are hearing things from those close to the recruit and both are pointing in the same direction. 

Frank often oversells the local programs with regards to recruiting since I think he is more plugged in with the coaching staffs than the recruits (both SLU and Mizzou), but this is one I think he has a good read on. But I do think his sources are within the athletic department (Ford and Tate and other minions around the AD). I like that Frank is more direct in kind of pushing the local programs when interviewing the local studs, lets keep these kids home and build something special on the court at SLU and on the gridiron at Mizzou.

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

Just so everyone knows, the 2018 Final Four is in San Antonio

We should all stay at the Omni La Mansión del Rio on the riverwalk, heard it was nice.

11 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Just so everyone knows, the 2018 Final Four is in San Antonio

Pistol and I will be the fit, tan, and attractive (none of those things, so change that to drunk) dudes floating around the lazy river at the Hyatt Regency (I think that is the hotel I stayed at in San Antonio that essentially had a water park).

I'm a little worried that this is going to be like Frank's Tatum thing and the "good news" is going to be that his final 2 are SLU and Illinois.  Despite everyone assuming as much, I don't think Goodwin has announced anything publicly and the last update from him was his final seven.

Just now, brianstl said:

Good to know Illini fans don't know how to pick up on humor on a message board.

Messing with the Illini fans is going to be a lot of fun for us. No matter how much they want to rip us, they can't be 100% sold that Groce will be around a year from now.

We have about 3 months to really make things miserable for Illinois fans since they seem to be hanging their hats on the 5 star big man from ESL.

Just now, TheChosenOne said:

Messing with the Illini fans is going to be a lot of fun for us. No matter how much they want to rip us, they can't be 100% sold that Groce will be around a year from now.

We have about 3 months to really make things miserable for Illinois fans.

Hopefully the staff is as successful with phase two.