Women's 16-17 Non-Conference Schedule

http://www.slubillikens.com/SportSelect.dbml?ATCLID=211088996&DB_LANG=C&&DB_OEM_ID=27200&SPID=93216&SPSID=632637

Frankly, this is disappointing.   If SLU is going to go to the NCAA it needs to give itself a better chance by playing more quality opponents.   They could rack a nice W-L record here but not get much credit.  I do not know how good teams are going to be next year but using last year as a guide Missouri is a quality opponent.  Little Rock and SIUE are decent.   E. Kentucky might be OK.  Washington St. has a nice RPI but they were a near-bottom team in the best conference in the country.   Lots of bad teams otherwise.  The good news is they play 7 road games (including 3 of the 50 worst teams in the nation last year--Bradley, Lipscomb and UC-Irvine) that are all winnable so that might help.  I am hoping some of these teams get a lot better this year.

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Remember that it takes two to tango and a historically garbage program like SLU WBB, even though they had big success last season, is going to have a tough time convincing the Big Girls to agree to potentially lose to said historically bad program.

It may or many not be difficult to schedule the "Big Girls"  but it is not that difficult to schedule harder.  If you are traveling all the way to California or Nashville to play one of the worst D-I teams it is obviously intentional.  The issue is not even that there are a few really bad teams but that there are so few even mediocre teams.  It would not be hard to schedule the better teams of Valley conferences or any number of top 150 teams.