recognition by the Post

papal

I guess that is an improvement but in the category of "some things never change" about 2 weeks ago when Duncan retired there was an article by Ben Fredrickson about how Duncan once played a regular season game against Mizzou, with a summary of the game, quotes, etc. It could very well be the case Ben isn't even aware that SLU played him in a second round NCAA tourney game in 1995 but that would have certainly been a better article to write. Go get some quotes from Claggett and Highmark on how we hung with them for a while but in the end Duncan was too much for us and the careers of these great Billikens was over.

Fredrickson is an idiot. He was one of the many PD guys who got butt-hurt when Tarasenko declined an interview after the season ended. For some reason, the St Louis media thinks they're best friends with all the athletes and they take all criticism from fans or athletes extremely personally.

20 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I guess that is an improvement but in the category of "some things never change" about 2 weeks ago when Duncan retired there was an article by Ben Fredrickson about how Duncan once played a regular season game against Mizzou, with a summary of the game, quotes, etc. It could very well be the case Ben isn't even aware that SLU played him in a second round NCAA tourney game in 1995 but that would have certainly been a better article to write. Go get some quotes from Claggett and Highmark on how we hung with them for a while but in the end Duncan was too much for us and the careers of these great Billikens was over.

-from a Mizzou guy's perspective he wrote the correct article

I like the fact that there is new blood at the the Post, but stuff like this is a result of that new blood.  Frederickson has no memory of SLU playing Duncan.  He was a 5 year old kid in Sedalia.  Guy grew up a Mizzou fan and everyone he grew up around was a Mizzou fan. His instinct when given the assignment to find a local angle for the Duncan story is to see if Mizzou ever played against him. 

21 hours ago, kshoe said:

It would have been nice to read the comments of Claggett and Highmark, local guys that played against them good post.

On 7/23/2016 at 3:55 PM, thetorch said:

These new PD columnists are awful.  The only thing worse than their writing is their radio show.

Ortiz provides frequent updates on Baylor and the Houston Astros, which I'm sure are always appreciated by the STL market. 

22 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Based on his most recent tweet, looks like Ortiz isn't happy with SLU right now not returning his texts for an interview with the coaches.  

Ortiz isn't even literate.  My only complaint is why SLU would be contacting him at all.

28 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

They probably thought he was a Baylor beat writer.

The SLU staff just wants to make sure everyone knows that they are fans of all the post columnists.  Ford's wife likes Ortiz, but he isn't Ford's passion.  Hochman is Ford's passion.  Don't forget Travis likes Frederikson, too.