Zeke Taking it to the Rack

33 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Redford?

Yeah, Brad Redford. Believe it or not, he beat out Draymond Green for Mr. Basketball in Michigan when they were both HS seniors. "Redford put up video-game numbers as a senior. He still holds the Michigan high school record with 143 3-pointers in the season and with 102 consecutive free throws. Redford owns three of the four most successful free-throw seasons in Michigan history, including a .967 percentage as a senior to follow seasons of .931 and .914. He still holds the Michigan record for career free-throw percentage with .933. He is second in points in a quarter (27) and points in a season (953). He is third in state history with 12 3-pointers in a game, a mark he reached twice."

His stats at Xavier are crazy, too, in how singularly focused they are. 59 2-point field goals attempted in his career vs. 457 3-point FGA. He shot 70 FT in his career there, never getting to the line enough to establish a rhythm and show off that skill.

He runs basketball camps now. I'm assuming they have a shooting-heavy focus.

If Zeke is a one-dimensional player but truly elite in that skill (perimeter shooting), I'd probably be fine with that.

3 hours ago, abas115 said:

4:50 what's with that distraction? I don't like to see that. If he gets ruffled by a scarce high school crowd I'm worried what student sections will do to him. 

It looked to me like he was talking trash -- turning around to tell someone to be quiet before draining the free throw like nothing happened.  How do you interpret that as his getting distracted and rattled?

From the highlight video, Zeke Moore appears to be something of a poor man's Jayson Tatum with a better perimeter shot.  If he can translate all of his game to Atlantic-10 level of play, then he can be a pretty good player for the Billikens.

20 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

It looked to me like he was talking trash -- turning around to tell someone to be quiet before draining the free throw like nothing happened.  How do you interpret that as his getting distracted and rattled?

When you're on the court -  especially the free throw line - your job is to stay focused on the goal. Talking trash is cool and all but wait till after you shoot the free throw. You're not Michael Jordan, kid. Don't get too cocky at the line.

21 minutes ago, abas115 said:

When you're on the court -  especially the free throw line - your job is to stay focused on the goal. Talking trash is cool and all but wait till after you shoot the free throw. You're not Michael Jordan, kid. Don't get too cocky at the line.

Man, you act as if he missed the free throw!  What you may consider "too cocky" may be exactly what that player needs.  The formula that works for you may not be universal.  Some batters in baseball can hit better with an unorthodox stance than with a regular one, right?

26 minutes ago, abas115 said:

You worry too much if that 2 seconds of the video concerns you that much.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 1:40 PM, Pistol said:

Yeah, Brad Redford. Believe it or not, he beat out Draymond Green for Mr. Basketball in Michigan when they were both HS seniors. "Redford put up video-game numbers as a senior. He still holds the Michigan high school record with 143 3-pointers in the season and with 102 consecutive free throws. Redford owns three of the four most successful free-throw seasons in Michigan history, including a .967 percentage as a senior to follow seasons of .931 and .914. He still holds the Michigan record for career free-throw percentage with .933. He is second in points in a quarter (27) and points in a season (953). He is third in state history with 12 3-pointers in a game, a mark he reached twice."

His stats at Xavier are crazy, too, in how singularly focused they are. 59 2-point field goals attempted in his career vs. 457 3-point FGA. He shot 70 FT in his career there, never getting to the line enough to establish a rhythm and show off that skill.

He runs basketball camps now. I'm assuming they have a shooting-heavy focus.

If Zeke is a one-dimensional player but truly elite in that skill (perimeter shooting), I'd probably be fine with that.

Zeke is a good shooter, I don't think he is on that level.  He doesn't have phenomenal range like true deadly elite shooters.  His ballhandling skills are elite.  He could run a dribbling camp.  How that translates to D-1 remains to be seen.

19 hours ago, abas115 said:

Fam

22 hours ago, abas115 said:

He's getting paid to play basketball, kid. I think he'll be alright. 

14 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

The Knollmeyer video being the lone exception.  Nothing but positives there.

Hey, we've upgraded from trash cans to trash talk. I'll take it.