Zeke Taking it to the Rack

That is a very good question slu72, this depends on a very large number of factors. The good thing is that we will actually be able to see it when it happens, or else we will not see if when it does not happen. Basketball is not a production line, a press does not slam down on a sheet of material to cut parts form it every 30 seconds or whatever. The capability or athleticism appears to be there, this is good. Now we have to see what the kid and the coaches do with the capabilities he has.

16 hours ago, kmbilliken said:

Travelled and double dribbled on the approach. He will fit in well.

Saw the same thing.  He was just showboating - the problem with that is you play the way you practice.  If he was just having fun then fine but we need to see him really develop as a player to help next year.

3 hours ago, Old guy said:

The capability or athleticism appears to be there, this is good.

You were able to take that away from a clip of a long 6'6 kid throwing down a windmill dunk unguarded and essentially running from half court or is that based on seeing him play in person? #JustinJohnson

4 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

You were able to take that away from a clip of a long 6'6 kid throwing down a windmill dunk unguarded and essentially running from half court or is that based on seeing him play in person? #JustinJohnson

OK, now we have 3 separate clips to see and two of them are taken during play. Zeke looks good and pretty athletic to me. Do you think otherwise?

20 minutes ago, Old guy said:

OK, now we have 3 separate clips to see and two of them are taken during play. Zeke looks good and pretty athletic to me. Do you think otherwise?

I think that this kid's only decent offer was given by crews and he basically accepted 30 seconds after he was offered.  That is why we think he's not good.  I hope Zeke uses this post as bulletin board material and is all-conference before he graduates.  

He is a Crews recruit. Nuff said.

I have watched Zeke play. Unfortunately it was a game he was cold from the perimeter, so my opinion of him is likely as low as it could be. Having said that, I think he is an intriguing player based on his length and his one plus skill which is his ability to shoot the basketball. Honestly, I am perfectly fine with giving him a shot. From what I saw, I did not see him as being a plus athlete, but the same would be said for a kid like Matt Lawrence and he found a way to be productive at Mizzou based on that plus skill. If Zeke proves to be a high level shooter from the perimeter with that length, he will be well worth the scholarship and his lack of elite athleticism won't really matter. If I was taking away too much from the game I saw beyond his average athleticism and lack of strength, I would express concerns with his overall laziness on defense and essentially looking to run out as soon as the other team took a shot hunting stats, but that is all stuff that is easy to correct at this level (guys don't see the floor if they don't defend).

Just curious, when you watch that highlight video, do you see him as being a plus athlete? Personally I don't. I think the thing that I would take away is that he shows more point guard type skills than you would expect for a shooter with that kind of length. I guess his dad wanted him to be a Shaun Livingston type of player?