Semi-OT: '80s band member passes away

It didn't occur to me until I was at his funeral today that my friend Pete Herbig was a member of the proto-band, that is, the pre-Beczkala pick-up group that bravely held the fort during the Ekker days, when sometimes even the small numbers in the band would outnumber the students in attendance. It's from this time that I can claim my own band alumni letter -- I was pretty broke back then, and in lieu of having to buy a ticket, Pete would hand me a tambourine and tell me to say that I was "with the band." 

In any event, it seems like Pete stayed on, as many have, for a little while after he graduated and after Mike took over. There were several Jesuits concelebrating today down at St. Margaret of Scotland, as well as a sizable representation from that era of the College Church Choir. And it's really a shame to lose someone who was only 56 years old. A few of you knew Pete, so here:

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Pete-Herbig&lc=4722&pid=180658794