2016-17 OOC Schedule

Taj79

Maryland announced theirs on July 1 (includes game at the Barclays against Richmond).  Do we have a traditional date or expectations as to when ours is announced?

No 72 ..... no concerns/connections to ACC/A10/Barclays.  Was just noting that the local D1 squad released their schedule and it includes an A10 opponent.  And it was to note that no big boy will go anywhere near one of our places, it's always a neutral site.

New pic?  How about first pic ..... been trying to do this myself for quite some time but had to employ SignPunk to make it happen.  Story of my computer life ....

Cannot, however, give any reviews on the Indian beer ----  bottle was purchased purely for the picture and will remain otherwise untouched.

15 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Cannot, however, give any reviews on the Indian beer ----  bottle was purchased purely for the picture and will remain otherwise untouched.

Don't worry, you're not missing much.

21 minutes ago, bonwich said:

Some timely news from Stu:

Although not announced, St. Louis University is slated to play in the Men Who Speak Up tourney in Las Vegas with Valpo, BYU, Alabama.

So what is tha marque matchup the tourney wants to see in the final?  BYU v Alabama?  Means who we play in G1. 

"Men Who Speak Up?"  About what?  And say what?  But that's a whole different conversation I guess ....

This "tournament" apparently gets you two home games against two of the "middleweight" teams.  Last year, the "middleweights" were Texas- San Antonio, Central Arkansas, Texas Southern and Howard.  Two "buy" games at home for the four "heavyweights," and then two games at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Vegas.  Apparently, the "heavyweight" team can lose one or both games at home and still go to Vegas.  Last year's heavyweights were Clemson, Umass, Creighton and Rutgers with Creighton winning; two years ago they were Auburn, Okie State, Tulsa and  Oregon State with Okie State and Ford winning.  The four middleweights also engaged in their own tournament also in Vegas when the big boys played their deals in Vegas. 

Sounds very much like that Corpus Christi tournament a few years back where we lost to Texas A&M/CC but beat NC A&T on Miles Reynolds' career game before splitting two down in Corpus against Miss State and Bradley.  So I'd  expect bad RPI teams in those first two games which would be my guess. 

For what its worth, the last BPI for each of the four heavyweights was this:  Valpo @ #42; BYU at #56; Alabama @ #84 and us at #214 out of 351 total. 

The climb is long and the mountain is rife with pitfalls ......

59 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

"Men Who Speak Up?"  About what?  And say what?  But that's a whole different conversation I guess ....

About advanced prostate cancer. Supporing the Movember Foundation.

It'd be cool if Ford and his staff grew mustaches for the event. And the players, too.

Not familiar with this "speak up."  Not knocking it but my first haphazard guess was Sexual Abuse and/or Assault. 

I'd prefer our guys grew muscles before they embarked on mustaches ......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ball State (21-14, 10-8 MAC, CIT Quarterfinalist) and Coastal Carolina (21-12, 12-6 Big South, CIT Semifinalist) are 2 of the 4 teams who will be visitors in the Men Who Speak Up Main Event.  SLU will play 2 opponents from this group of 4 at home in November.

49 minutes ago, bills07 said:

Ball State (21-14, 10-8 MAC, CIT Quarterfinalist) and Coastal Carolina (21-12, 12-6 Big South, CIT Semifinalist) are 2 of the 4 teams who will be visitors in the Men Who Speak Up Main Event.  SLU will play 2 opponents from this group of 4 at home in November.

Yikes

SLU loses to both those teams at home.