2 Bens: Cruising (and talking Pappy's) with SLU coach Travis Ford

2 hours ago, bonwich said:

Don't forget Dalie's in Valley Park, the newest of Pappy's cousins. (Who also now include Notorious P.I.G. in Missoula.)

As for your friend's place, here's the most recent update: The Stellar Hog (former Super’s Bungalow space), 5623 Leona, late June

Appreciate the info! 

Also, I believe you asked about other food options in Austin. Another fun, rather unique place was called Chilantro. They're like a Mexican-Asian fusion place. I went to their food truck, but I believe they have a permanent location as well. Definitely worth checking out as a foodie. The food truck scene down there is phenomenal. 

Edit: Also the turkey at La BBQ. 

4 hours ago, bonwich said:

Fun coincidence: The St. Louis Terry Black is the co-founder of Super Smokers, probably the first place to bring real bbq to STL. He's also one of the scorekeepers at home games.

32332*750.jpg

The Black family has beef.  Terry Black's is not to be confused with Black's BBQ. Same family, signs look the same but apparently they don't get along.

2 hours ago, slufanskip said:

No. Have you had Phil's? How about the place off 55 and Reavis Barracks ... Penny's I think. Most BBQ is at least good, not all

25 years ago, before St Louis got religion , Phil's was considered good. We have come a long way. 

4 hours ago, tarheelbilliken said:

Carolina BBQ has a vinegar sauce, which I prefer over a tomato sauce.

Also if you are in E. Carolina getting BBQ, try the Brunswick Stew. If prepared right, it's outstanding.

I'm a brunswick stew fan.

I did live in Ft. Worth area until about 3 years ago.

MoyToy and I took our band "Prison Math" to SXSW and we just stayed. Look for us on upcoming Austin City Limits episodes. We only eat paleo and always separate our recyclables.