Upgrading Forum

Admin

8 minutes ago, bonwich said:

File uploads: I tried the new drag-and-drop to upload a jpg and it said something like "cannot process file." Same thing when I tried to pull it up using choose files. Anyone else? 

Test

kerrycorner.jpg

6 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

What browser/OS you using bonwich?

Chrome  51.0.2704.79 m on Win10.

Another test...

Nope...

"There was a problem processing the uploaded file. Please contact us for assistance."

Also, can we no longer edit the html underlying the posts?  

23 minutes ago, bonwich said:

Chrome  51.0.2704.79 m on Win10.

Another test...

Nope...

"There was a problem processing the uploaded file. Please contact us for assistance."

Also, can we no longer edit the html underlying the posts?  

I am on Windows 7 with 51.0.2704.84 m.  I am not having a problem, but I will look into it.

Regarding HTML, what are you hoping to do?  I think I can turn this feature on, but the forum software gives me the following friendly warning:

When enabled, users in this group will be able to post raw HTML (in areas of your site where it is also enabled). Allowing users to post HTML is extremely dangerous and malicious users can use the feature to damage your site. It is strongly recommended that this feature is not enabled at all, or only for trusted staff groups.

18 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

I am on Windows 7 with 51.0.2704.84 m.  I am not having a problem, but I will look into it.

Regarding HTML, what are you hoping to do?  I think I can turn this feature on, but the forum software gives me the following friendly warning:

With the old toggle between WYSIWYG and code, I sometimes was able to tweak stuff to get it to look more like I wanted it to. It's not important, especially since it's now "extremely dangerous." :)

One more test, with a different file type (png). Nope, same error message. 

7 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

Regarding HTML, what are you hoping to do?  I think I can turn this feature on, but the forum software gives me the following friendly warning:

7 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

I can still post WHATEFFER I WANT, but it's because I am in HATE group and I haff HAXXXZZZOORRR skillz.

On 6/8/2016 at 7:25 AM, jimbofive said:

Straight ball, I hit it very much.  Hay-Zeus, I like him very much.  Homepage feature, I like it very much.

Woke up the bats!  (Latest posts back on the front page)

Is there a way to make it where if I've read a thread up to a certain point like how it was before it would automatically send me to that next unread post? I'm logged into my account and it still goes to the first post every time I click on a thread even if I've read multiple pages on that thread 

1 hour ago, slubillikens43 said:

Is there a way to make it where if I've read a thread up to a certain point like how it was before it would automatically send me to that next unread post? I'm logged into my account and it still goes to the first post every time I click on a thread even if I've read multiple pages on that thread 

Within the forum, click the star or circle to the left of the thread title.

I, however, now realize that this is not happening on "Latest Posts" script on the front page... (This will be a trickier pickle...)

16 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

I, however, now realize that this is not happening on "Latest Posts" script on the front page... (This will be a trickier pickle...)

Think I got it...but let me know.