Schedule: 2016-2017

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To aggregate the non-conference:

Fri 11/11 vs. Ball State (Vegas tournament campus round game)

Mon 11/21 vs. BYU (in Las Vegas, NV)

Wed 11/23 vs. Alabama / Valparaiso (in Las Vegas, NV)

Tue 11/29 vs. Samford

Sat 12/3 vs. Kansas State

Tue 12/6 at Wichita State

TBD at home as part of Vegas tournament

TBD vs. SIU Edwardsville

TBD at Southern Illinois

4 more games TBD

On 8/8/2016 at 2:49 PM, bills07 said:

Fri 11/11 vs. Ball State

Tue 11/29 vs. Samford

TBD vs. Coastal Carolina or Other at home as part of Vegas tournament

TBD vs. SIU Edwardsville

TBD at Southern Illinois

4 more games TBD

Why can't TF get this done???  What else has he been spending his time on?;);)

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 2:49 PM, bills07 said:

Fri 11/11 vs. Ball State (Vegas tournament campus round game)

Tue 11/29 vs. Samford

TBD at home as part of Vegas tournament

TBD vs. SIU Edwardsville

TBD at Southern Illinois

4 more games TBD

Monday, 11/14 vs. Southern Utah at home as part of the MGM Grand Main Event.  Coastal Carolina can be removed from the front page as SLU opponents in this tournament will be Ball State, Southern Utah, BYU, and Alabama/Valpo.

Tournament Link:  http://mgm.bdglobalsports.com/

59 minutes ago, bills07 said:

Monday, 11/14 vs. Southern Utah at home as part of the MGM Grand Main Event.  Coastal Carolina can be removed from the front page as SLU opponents in this tournament will be Ball State, Southern Utah, BYU, and Alabama/Valpo.

Tournament Link:  http://mgm.bdglobalsports.com/

If those game times are accurate Vegas times we are looking at 8:30 CT on Monday the 21st and 8:30 or 11:00 CT on Wed. the 23rd.

Last non-conference game in the middle of the conference season was the 2010/11 season vs. Chicago State. Then you have to go back to the Soderberg era with a IP-Fort Wayne visit during the 2004/05 CUSA season.

Both wins for below average SLU teams. Probably a pick me up win during the long A10 season.

Following up on the list:

Fri 11/11 vs. Ball State (MGM Grand Main Event campus round game)

Mon 11/14 vs. Southern Utah  (MGM Grand Main Event campus round game)

Mon 11/21 vs. BYU (in Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Main Event)

Wed 11/23 vs. Alabama / Valparaiso (in Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Main Event)

Tue 11/29 vs. Samford

Sat 12/10 @ 7pm  vs. SIU Edwardsville

Wed 12/14 at Southern Illinois

Sat 2/4/17 vs. North Carolina A&T

Rockhurst has released their 2016-2017 schedule and SLU is not on there.  So unless it is an unlisted exhibition game for them, they will not be on the SLU schedule.

However, I have noticed more D1 teams scheduling D2, D3, and NAIA or lower teams lately as part of their regular season schedules (i.e. not part of the allowed 2 exhibitions that you can play before the season).  Even mid to larger conference teams have been doing this.  Off the top of my head, I know Illinois is playing McKendree, Creighton is playing Truman State, SIU is playing Missouri Southern, Illinois State is playing Lindenwood, and Missouri State is playing Fontbonne.  Teams that are the level of SIUE and SEMO have even been playing 2 of these games which count toward the overall record (but not toward RPI).

I know everyone hates when SLU schedules a team below D1, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a team like one of these on the schedule based on these recent trends.

My buddy has changed allegiances over time, going to the dreaded Dayton Fryers where he is a season ticket holder (can't find fault really, what else is there to do in Dayton in the winter).  Anyway, he went to a Dayton fundraiser last week and found himself talking to Archie among others.  Seems they said the A10 schedule is delayed due to final haggling over TV games.  Expect it out mid September.  So maybe then we will hear.

Here in the mid-Atlantic, Maryland has already announced it's non-con schedule but not it's Big Ten schedule.  I would guess similar TV discussions there as well.  So it must be typical across the nation and now with so many networks and the like, quite complicated.  Still, we could follow Maryland and announce the non-con, if its done.  Seems Dayton too was moving to fill two more openings on their non-con so it must be the case nationally.  

The difference might be no one wants us as opposed to no one wants to go to Dayton.

Just now, Pistol said:

That still doesn't address why we haven't seen a non-conference schedule yet. Like I said above, it was officially released on 8/22 last year.

-if Coach Ford wants to do many things opposite of the previous staff I am fine with that, there was a report one game was still being negotiated but I bet when the schedule is ready for release, not long after that it will get released