Schedule: 2016-2017

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

You know those awkward videos before games about sexual assault?

You mean Baylor videos?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 7:43 PM, SluSignGuy said:

kshoe requested I update the front page schedule with known games.

From this thread, I have:

@ Wichita St.

@Indiana State

Samford

Kansas St. Dec 3rd.

Anything else we know of?

The @ Indiana State game on the front page can now officially be removed, as the Sycamores released their non-conference schedule yesterday:

http://www.gosycamores.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=65149&SPID=7259&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211042089&DB_OEM_ID=15200

14 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Or Travis Ford backed out of this years game....Or it's a Crews/Crews' DBO problem.

Someone posted on some thread a month or so ago that InSU was a buy game. I doubted that the athletic department would be that dumb at the time, but here we are. 

4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I guess my point is do you really think Chris May oversees basketball scheduling?

I would hope he is involved when you're talking about $25-$75,000 checks being written for buy games. I'd say the basketball schedule is a really important part of his oversight. 

I guess I don't understand the concern here. If not terrible teams like isu are willing to come here for a check and no return game id say go for it. I'd much rather have one or two of that caliber team than a semo or someone. Is it really that bad we don't have a road game with them this year?

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Or it was just the return game of a home-and-home last year and re-upping the deal was not settled upon yet.

We played ISU at home 3 years ago, went there 2 years ago, and had them at home again last year. Could have been a 2 for 1 deal that we struck when we really good and looked like an appealing matchup.

Why would people be complaining that we got a buy game against a middle of the pack MVC team? Seems like something we should be happy about, not mad about. Our inability to beat said team is a whole different story.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/29/2016 at 3:37 PM, kshoe said:

Why would people be complaining that we got a buy game against a middle of the pack MVC team? Seems like something we should be happy about, not mad about. Our inability to beat said team is a whole different story.

People complain about anything and everything, just give them a chance to find fault with anything, they will do so.

16 hours ago, bonwich said:

Recent Stu-ism

Travis Ford hopes to have the SLU schedule finalized next week. He has one game left to fill and is deciding between a couple of schools.

Happy to see we can be choosy.