• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Date Opponent TV Location Time (CT)

Friday, Nov. 4 Greenville (exh.) Chaifetz Arena TBA

Friday, Nov. 11 Ball State Chaifetz Arena TBA

Monday, Nov. 14 Southern Utah Chaifetz Arena TBA

Thursday, Nov. 17 Eastern Illinois Chaifetz Arena TBA

Monday, Nov. 21 vs. BYU Las Vegas, Nev. 8:30 p.m.

Wednesday, Nov. 23 vs. Alabama or Valparaiso Las Vegas, Nev. TBA

Tuesday, Nov. 29 Samford Chaifetz Arena TBA

Saturday, Dec. 3 Kansas State Chaifetz Arena TBA

Tuesday, Dec. 6 at Wichita State Wichita, Kan. TBA

Sunday, Dec. 11 Chicago State Chaifetz Arena TBA

Wednesday, Dec. 14 at Southern Illinois Carbondale, Ill. TBA

Saturday, Dec. 17 SIUE Chaifetz Arena TBA

Thursday, Dec. 22 Winthrop Chaifetz Arena TBA

Friday, Dec. 30 Rhode Island* ESPNU Chaifetz Arena 6 p.m.

Wednesday, Jan. 4 at La Salle* Philadelphia, Pa. TBA

Sunday, Jan. 8 Davidson* NBCSN Chaifetz Arena 1 p.m.

Wednesday, Jan. 11 at Duquesne* Pittsburgh, Pa. TBA

Saturday, Jan. 14 at George Mason* NBCSN Fairfax, Va. 1:30 p.m.

Tuesday, Jan. 17 St. Bonaventure* ASN Chaifetz Arena 8 p.m.

Sunday, Jan. 22 at Dayton* CBSSN Dayton, Ohio 1 p.m.

Wednesday, Jan. 25 Massachusetts* Chaifetz Arena TBA

Saturday, Jan. 28 at George Washington* ASN Washington, D.C. 3 p.m.

Wednesday, Feb. 1 George Mason* Chaifetz Arena TBA

Saturday, Feb. 4 North Carolina A&T Chaifetz Arena TBA

Wednesday, Feb. 8 St. Bonaventure* St. Bonaventure, N.Y. TBA

Saturday, Feb. 11 Duquesne* Chaifetz Arena TBA

Tuesday, Feb. 14 Dayton* CBSSN Chaifetz Arena 7 p.m.

Saturday, Feb. 18 at Fordham* Bronx, N.Y. TBA

Wednesday, Feb. 22 at VCU* ASN Richmond, Va. 6 p.m.

Saturday, Feb. 25 Saint Joseph’s* NBCSN Chaifetz Arena 3:30 p.m.

Wednesday, March 1 La Salle* Chaifetz Arena TBA

Saturday, March 4 at Richmond* Richmond, Va. TBA

* Denotes Atlantic 10 Conference game

Looks like another closed-door scrimmage against a D-1 school is in the works.  Either that, or they are still working on an exhibition opponent.  But with 19 home games, including the exhibition, I suspect that's set.  I'm surprised they didn't schedule an exhibition against a local school.

General observations:

-Once again, the game at Duquesne is on a Wednesday. That all but kills an easy road trip for me. At least Dayton is back to a weekend this year (Sunday afternoon, 1/22).

-No week-long break in the A10 schedule for us this season; filled it with NC A&T.

-Only two true road games: Wichita State and SIUC. BYU and Alabama/Valpo are neutral games in Las Vegas.

-Jay Spoonhour returns with EIU on 11/17. This will be his fifth season there and he hasn't really done much.

-Curious to see the rest of the start times; TV has caused some odd ones so far.

-This is a soft schedule. With a new coach and 9 scholarship players, I don't mind it. Heading forward, I'd hope to see a different style of schedule.

-RPI by opponent: Ball State: 179, Southern Utah: 336, Eastern Illinois: 271, BYU: 76, Alabama: 73/Valpo: 49, Samford: 253, K-State: 90, Wichita State: 47, Chicago State: 349, SIUC: 138, SIUE: 305, Winthrop: 130, NC A&T: 340. We're not going to have a good RPI no matter how many games we win.

-Ken Pomeroy Rating by opponent: Ball State: 150, Southern Utah: 341, Eastern Illinois: 265, BYU: 53, Alabama: 99/Valpo: 40, Samford: 227, K-State: 54, Wichita State: 8, Chicago State: 349, SIUC: 141, SIUE: 321, Winthrop: 154, NC A&T: 338.

6 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Looks like another closed-door scrimmage against a D-1 school is in the works.  Either that, or they are still working on an exhibition opponent.  But with 19 home games, including the exhibition, I suspect that's set.  I'm surprised they didn't schedule an exhibition against a local school.

I'm thinking this is the case. Have we ever seen 20 home games before?

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

-Once again, the game at Duquesne is on a Wednesday. That all but kills an easy road trip for me. At least Dayton is back to a weekend this year (Sunday afternoon, 1/22).

This seems like a permanent arrangement.  Always mid-week; never televised.

18 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I would consider Greenville College a local school, it is less than an hour away from Chaifetz.

5 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

I would consider Greenville College a local school, it is less than an hour away from Chaifetz.

Regional, maybe, but I think local would be just St. Louis City and County and maybe St. Charles and Jefferson counties in Missouri and St. Clair and Madison counties in Illinois.  Granted, I don't know where Greenville is located, but I haven't heard of them.

53 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Stu just tweeted there will be a closed scrimmage at Evansville.

12 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Just read it. No games on FSMW? That can't be right, can it?

If I remember correctly, they usually announce the FSMW games closer to the season starting.

Listened to the Presser.  Coach said most of the schedule was inherited and that he only added a game or two.  Looking at it, my guess is Winthrop is his.  I believe this will be the first game against the Eagles.  And as expected, he is already working on next year's schedule. 

33 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Regional, maybe, but I think local would be just St. Louis City and County and maybe St. Charles and Jefferson counties in Missouri and St. Clair and Madison counties in Illinois.  Granted, I don't know where Greenville is located, but I haven't heard of them.

I-70 east, exit 45. There's a federal prison there that you can see from the highway. Also the American Farm Heritage Museum on the other side of the highway. I've driven this route approximately 2 million times but never actually stopped in Greenville.

Greenville College is a D-III school that competes in the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference with Blackburn, Eureka, Fontbonne, Iowa Wesleyan, MacMurray, Principia, Spalding, Webster, and Westminster.

Reading up on the school's Wiki page, it's small (1,100 students) and very, very religious.

5 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Listened to the Presser.  Coach said most of the schedule was inherited and that he only added a game or two.  Looking at it, my guess is Winthrop is his.  I believe this will be the first game against the Eagles.  And as expected, he is already working on next year's schedule. 

-I'll listen later but have we had pressers for the release of the schedule by other coaches? I can't recall more than a quote in the statement with the release, perhaps that is what the link goes to

-we had a game or two last season on ASN, was that picked up locally? I wonder if SLU could buy the time on FSMW alternate or Larry Rice's station?

-Eastern Ill has a few local kids

-Mardi Gras afternoon is back among 5 Saturday home games

-getting 2 conf road games in the book before school starts and the others look very good from a not missing school perspective, weather cooperating 

-let's get it on

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Bond County, IL, is actually considered part of Greater Saint Louis in the bigger CSA definition. But I'm still a little disappointed Webster can't get an exhibition while tiny DIII schools an hour away can.

39 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Reading up on the school's Wiki page, it's small (1,100 students) and very, very religious.

It's weirdly religious. Like "wouldn't be surprised to read a mass suicide news story" religious. 

Good job to the social media person to live stream, on Facebook, the quasi press conference today. A nice touch. 

33 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-I was told this was a done deal by someone in Lindenwood's program, next time I see them I will ask what happened

The only other change I saw was that it was reported here the SIUE game would be 12/10, and it's actually 12/17.

50 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

Where did you read that? In the past FSMW would release it's broadcasts in mid-October.

This is from the article on the SLU Athletic Department article, http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=211160600

Coinciding with the release of the schedule was the announcement of the nationally televised games that are part of the A-10 package. SLU currently has nine regular-season games slated for television, including three on NBC Sports Network, three on American Sports Network, two on CBS Sports Network and one on ESPNU. The locally televised games on Fox Sports Midwest will be released at a later date.

3 hours ago, NextYearBill said:

as a reward for renewing your season tickets on time...... SHOULDA WAITED FOR THE $99 promo!!!!!

In classic form of SLU not getting anything quite right, the original tweets said the promo code was buy2017. I went online to see where the seats were at, and the code didn't work.  

Saw later tonight the same advertisement but the code was now buy217. It worked this time.

the tickets are in an upper corner but I applaud SLU for trying anything to get butts in the seats at this point.

58 minutes ago, kshoe said:

the tickets are in an upper corner but I applaud SLU for trying anything to get butts in the seats at this point.

I have a disabled brother who lives in a house of 4.... I asked SLU to donate 5 tickets to ANY game.... (4) for the residents, one for their chaperone..... their response.... we can only give 4. Butts in the seats my a$$....