Did Brett Jolly just say goodbye?

ARon

the wash basin comments came long before he even announced he was coming to the Bills.

The wash basin comments were prophetic as sh!t if you ask me, which you should, because I made them.

Unless you're a 7-foot tall AFRRRRRIKKAAAANNNN soccer player who started playing basketball your senior year of high school, you can't have dogsh!t stats like Brett Jolly did and come play mid-major basketball. Any Jew will tell you, it's just bad business.

Jolly's ineptitude is much more a reflection of CrewsPlatt's than his own, but I'm still pleased as fuoking punch that we can now use his scholarship on a legit 3+ star D1-level player.

Mic drop.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aquinas: absolutely agree on Mike Crawford. I think if Crews had given the kid a better shot when Jake Barnett was our fifth wheel, he'd be further along then he is today. I like Mike and do believe in a Majerus precision offense, he might have been lethal. But again,short of two or three role guys at best, that is the best we got from living the grand life with Majerus ---- again no sustainability because Crews was not it. In hindsight, adding Platt amplified the death knell.

Players I have paid to see, with less than distinguished Billiken careers:

Barentine 2 ppg / 2.1 rpg

Bickel 1.5 / 1.7

Caswell 2.1 / 2.8

Gaona 1.5 / 0.7

Ikeafor 1.4 / 0.8

Ivestor 2.6 / 1.9

Jolly 1.8 / 1.0

M. Jones 2.4 / 0.7

Seyfert 0.6 / 1.3

Shabazz 1.0 / 1.1

Tadysak 1.0 / 2.0

Varner 2.6 / 2.2

I remember when Barentine signed, one of his attributes was that he won the 400 M Hurdles in Texas. OK, didn't do him much good in STL on the court.

What were those guys' rates of fouls committed and temper tantrums thrown per minute? Another classic Jolly moment less gif-friendly was when he provoked his man into a technical only to brick back to back FTs with that weird shotput routine of his at the line.

Jolly was two things that no other Billikens player ever was

1. He was ridiculously untalented. Among the worst to wear the uniform. He was just as bad as some notable Billiken punchlines like Tadysak, Jeffries, Ivester, Obi, Hardin, & Sekue.

2. He was an over the top prick on the court and off. A primadonna like Kevin Footes, Carlos Skinner, Big Chill, and Orlando Stewart. Don't lump Justin Johnson or Mcbroom into this category either. They might have been disinterested but they never acted out on the court in the uniform like Jolly did.

Combine zero talent and horrible disposition and you get Jolly. The only worse Billikens we have had were the criminals like Jorge Wallace. No Billiken has ever combined these two extreme traits. That's what makes Jolly so unlikable. The few players who were less talented players carried themselves better and represented the program well, the guys who were just as big of ###### were much more talented than Jolly.

Jolly put hands on his coach. Even if he put hands on the worst coach in Billikens history (which he did) it is still beyond unacceptable. If he did that to a real coach he would have been sitting at home for months now.

1. He was ridiculously untalented. Among the worst to wear the uniform. He was just as bad as some notable Billiken punchlines like Tadysak, Jeffries, Ivester, Obi, Hardin, & Sekue.

2. He was an over the top prick on the court and off. A primadonna like Kevin Footes, Carlos Skinner, Big Chill, and Orlando Stewart. Don't lump Justin Johnson or Mcbroom into this category either. They might have been disinterested but they never acted out on the court in the uniform like Jolly did.

Combine zero talent and horrible disposition and you get Jolly. The only worse Billikens we have had were the criminals like Jorge Wallace. No Billiken has ever combined these two extreme traits. That's what makes Jolly so unlikable. The few players who were less talented players carried themselves better and represented the program well, the guys who were just as big of ###### were much more talented than Jolly.

Jolly put hands on his coach. Even if he put hands on the worst coach in Billikens history (which he did) it is still beyond unacceptable. If he did that to a real coach he would have been sitting at home for months now.

Scorched. Thank you for clearing it up for some of the less observant.

Actually his coach put hands on him.

Guys, Jolly is water under the bridge, like Crews. No one is saying he was a great player or that he had good self control. Other than that he is just a growing kid who is finding the way bumpier than he thought it would be. There is nothing else he can do that will affect the Bills negatively, let him leave in peace and hope he finds himself elsewhere.

What were those guys' rates of fouls committed and temper tantrums thrown per minute? Another classic Jolly moment less gif-friendly was when he provoked his man into a technical only to brick back to back FTs with that weird shotput routine of his at the line.

Haha, I distinctly remember receiving a text from DirtyRican when that technical was called - "Get ready for two bricks." Sure enough...

jollythree1.gif?w=940

jollyterribleshot.gif?w=765&h=478

Wasn't there one of the Crews sideline manhandle too?

These are both just mind-blowing to me.

Yes, as slufan13 pointed out on the previous page, the score of the Duquesne game is absurd to see, and the fact that given that score Jolly takes that shot with that level of unjustified confidence - it's amazing he played another minute that season. What the ball does looks like a glitch that used to happen on NBA Live 97, which I had on PC. The ball would change direction if you shot from a certain spot on the floor.

The second gif shows a guy who's absolutely terrified of his opponent. Instead of being excited to play a team like Louisville and rising to his competition, he played like a scared child.

I had forgotten about Crews roughing him up on the sideline.

He's going down in billikens.com lore, that's for sure.

Take offense or not. Rip me personally if that will make you feel better. But I can honestly say that I was embarrassed to be a Billiken fan and a member of this Board with all of the "over the top" comments made against Brett Jolly. The immature, and flat out rude, comments came long before Jolly did anything good or bad on the court. Instead, the wash basin comments came long before he even announced he was coming to the Bills. After his Senior year and we did not sign him thinking he would go elsewhere, the negative comments came over and over on this Board. Then, some (but not all) may have felt bad after Jolly accepted a scholarship during his year of prep school. Some gave him a fresh start but most did not. Initially, he did some good things and appeared ahead of Gillmann especially on defense.and several wanted to take back their negative comments. Then, over time, the flaws in Jolly's game became obvious and apparent and the insults resumed heavily. Then, after he showed emotion on the floor at officials (at least he showed emotion as opposed to quitting like others did), the insults came fast and furious and his emotion was that of being a whiner and bad kid. Frustration for the bad season, bad coaching, bad players and the fall from being a Top 10 program to a Top 280 program seemed to fall upon Brett. For Jolly's sake, I am glad he gets a fresh start elsewhere.

Was Jolly worse than Manning? Worse than the 7 footer that RM ran off and went to Lindenwood? Worse than Bryce Husak? Worse than Justin Johnson? Worse than Sekue Barentine? Worse than Eric Jones? Worse than Travis Tadisak or Mike Ivester? Worse than Tyrone Caswell? Worse than Reddit Hudson or Dale Renkin? Please. We have had alot of bad players over the years. Some kids work out and others don't. But the blame belongs on Crews and Platt as opposed to Jolly. I can sure say that no received the wrath that Brett Jolly did.

+1, well said

Players I have paid to see, with less than distinguished Billiken careers:

Barentine 2 ppg / 2.1 rpg

Bickel 1.5 / 1.7

Caswell 2.1 / 2.8

Gaona 1.5 / 0.7

Ikeafor 1.4 / 0.8

Ivestor 2.6 / 1.9

Jolly 1.8 / 1.0

M. Jones 2.4 / 0.7

Seyfert 0.6 / 1.3

Shabazz 1.0 / 1.1

Tadysak 1.0 / 2.0

Varner 2.6 / 2.2

I remember when Barentine signed, one of his attributes was that he won the 400 M Hurdles in Texas. OK, didn't do him much good in STL on the court.

The worst recruit in my time is Horace Dixon. Signed by Sodie in July (usually not a good sign)... reportedly had no other D1 offers and had all kinds of academic red flags. He couldn't last more than one semester before flunking out. He had more turnovers than points in his very brief career. Obi was also on that team. Obi got suspended and also had had academic problems, plus had an eating addiction... other than that, he was great.

Reed is a fool, maybe the biggest fool to ever wear the jersey.

Willie Reed is not a fool.

He was screwed over by SLU administration as a result of "the Situation", and he also couldn't cut it, academically. Is everybody that flunks out of SLU a fool?

Willie Reed has demonstrated an admirable work ethic; toiling several years in the minor leagues to finally make it to the NBA. By all accounts, he's a very hard worker, and a devoted family man. I, for one, hold him in very high regard as one of my top-10 favorite Billikens of all time.

By the way, Willie's annual salary right now is about 10 times more than 75% of the people that post here- not bad for a fool.

It's completely foolish to call Willie Reed a fool

Willie Reed is not a fool.

He was screwed over by SLU administration as a result of "the Situation", and he also couldn't cut it, academically. Is everybody that flunks out of SLU a fool?

Willie Reed has demonstrated an admirable work ethic; toiling several years in the minor leagues to finally make it to the NBA. By all accounts, he's a very hard worker, and a devoted family man. I, for one, hold him in very high regard as one of my top-10 favorite Billikens of all time.

By the way, Willie's annual salary right now is about 10 times more than 75% of the people that post here- not bad for a fool.

It's completely foolish to call Willie Reed a fool

any updates on his latest "situation"?

The worst recruit in my time is Horace Dixon. Signed by Sodie in July (usually not a good sign)... reportedly had no other D1 offers and had all kinds of academic red flags. He couldn't last more than one semester before flunking out. He had more turnovers than points in his very brief career. Obi was also on that team. Obi got suspended and also had had academic problems, plus had an eating addiction... other than that, he was great.

"Horace is immediately our best athlete and fits a description of a player that is not currently on our roster, because he has size, speed, length and the potential to grow into a terrific big man," Soderberg said. "He runs the floor like a gazelle, has toughness and can be an outstanding defender. We are thrilled to get a gem like Horace this late in the year, and that's a tribute to the diligence of my assistant coaches - Angres Thorpe, Jason Grunkemeyer and Jamall Walker."