Welcome, Jalen Johnson

If you compare's Foreman's numbers this past season (as a soph) compared to Reggie's sophomore season, there is no comparison. Plus as others have mentioned, he was doing it in the Big 10 - had a 12 rebound game against Michigan State, close to double-doubles against Iowa, Ohio State and Purdue. Foreman can improve further during his offseason before even suiting up... add all those things together and I don't think it is a reach to think the kid could make an immediate impact in the A-10. I believe Allie-Cox will be gone by the time Foreman suits up, not many prototypical power forwards in this league. I'm fine with the way RA improved this past year, but no reason not to expect Foreman to be an upgrade.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you compare's Foreman's numbers this past season (as a soph) compared to Reggie's sophomore season, there is no comparison. Plus as others have mentioned, he was doing it in the Big 10 - had a 12 rebound game against Michigan State, close to double-doubles against Iowa, Ohio State and Purdue. Foreman can improve further during his offseason before even suiting up... add all those things together and I don't think it is a reach to think the kid could make an immediate impact in the A-10. I believe Allie-Cox will be gone by the time Foreman suits up, not many prototypical power forwards in this league. I'm fine with the way RA improved this past year, but no reason not to expect Foreman to be an upgrade.

My man. Thanks for stating what I assumed would be the obvious. Foreman checks all the boxes for me, in terms of bringing in a PF. Are people forgetting that RA will be a senior next season? And if he wasn't, would you really opposed to having two guys that can rebound on the same team? That has been our Achilles heel for a couple seasons now. I don't know much about Johnson, but I have no problem 'raving' or being excited about Foreman. Gotta wonder what it would take to move the needle for some folks.. Coach looks like he is out there putting in work.

I still fail to see what everyone is raving about regarding these two signees

I think the overall tone is one of cautious optimism, which is reasonable. Some are going to be super excited* because our talent level is as low as it's ever been, so even modest upgrades or players with some promise are going to look great compared to what we've got. Combined with the overall level of recruiting activity right now, two somewhat promising signings are a breath of fresh air we haven't had in a couple years.

*My sharing of the Pitbull gif is not an indication of my expectations.

Foreman is definitely an upgrade from RA, but even if he wasn't, I'd take another Reggie to help bridge the gap between now and 2018 (breakthrough season).

Reggie was playing hurt his sophomore season.

I don't think anyone is suggesting we don't want Foreman. I stated i think he will be a step up from Reggie. I just think some people are seting themselves up for disappointment with what they are expecting out of Foreman.

Reggie was playing hurt his sophomore season.

I don't think anyone is suggesting we don't want Foreman. I stated i think he will be a step up from Reggie. I just think some people are seting themselves up for disappointment with what they are expecting out of Foreman.

I can't speak to others expectations, but I stated previously I would be happy with 6 rpg (the same as he produced at Rutgers -*ideally I would like 1 more rpg) and then if he could add 2-4 ppg... we'd be looking at something like a 11ppg, 6-7 rpg player. Is that realistic? If so, that is a very nice player. Players that transfer from a stronger conference to a lesser one, generally produce more. This may be a bit of an extreme example, but think of Jordan Sibert.

If Foreman is equal (generally speaking) to Reggie he should be more than welcome into the Bills. Love to have two Reggies playing for us, bring a third one if you please, coach.

I hope to eventually surpass reggie agbeko, but agreed that with the current state of the program these are OK.

Naysayers need to remember this is a bottom-feeder a10 program right now on the level of Fordham and LaSalle, who we used to mock. We are bad.

JJ needs some meat on his bones and as someone else mentioned, needs to get up more. Lot of layups in that highlight video I thought should've been dunks. I am a fan of that sweet jumper though.

Foreman and Henriquez look incredibly impressive on film. I have no doubts thats these two can come in and be reliable starters on a team that will have added a 2017 Ford class. We could be cooking a lot quicker than I originally thought.

Props to coach Ford.