Welcome, Jalen Johnson

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://theadvocate.com/sports/latestsports/15692923-123/university-high-basketball-player-jalen-johnson-commits-to-st-louis-university

Just saw this write up about him committing. One interesting thing is that he has a torn ACL in his past. Might explain a little lack of explosiveness but I could be guessing there.

Today's surgical techniques are so much improved that this type of injury is not as difficult to recover to your prior level. If he hurts it again then that could be a big deal. As usual, I prefer to judge him after seeing him actually on the court. Either way, Ford is working the recruiting road and we have to fill some holes. As others have said, we need upgrades at every position so the sooner we start the better.

The coach Ford momentum continues, his body of work is impressive in a short time, he has now closed the deal on two recruits. I am really enjoying being wrong so far about coach Ford. The final measure of how good of a hire coach Ford is the play of the team. I am feeling confident about the team because it seems that coach Ford has rallied his inherited players and the fact that the players are older and the coach Crews buzz kill is past the teams result should improve. I am looking forward to the new season, what a difference a new coach makes.

The coach Ford momentum continues, his body of work is impressive in a short time, he has now closed the deal on two recruits. I am really enjoying being wrong so far about coach Ford. The final measure of how good of a hire coach Ford is the play of the team. I am feeling confident about the team because it seems that coach Ford has rallied his inherited players and the fact that the players are older and the coach Crews buzz kill is past the teams result should improve. I am looking forward to the new season, what a difference a new coach makes.

So you don't think Crews would be walking around campus passing out cookies like Ford is doing?

Have to say Ford has seemed to be extremely active since being here... Recruiting, social events, fundraisers, on campus student events, passing out cookies, local media and now he has a basketball camp this summer.

Did crews do any of this?

People want students and the fan base to get more excited and interested in billiken basketball, well he seems like the guy that can do it if anyone can.

... Recruiting, social events, fundraisers, on campus student events, passing out cookies, local media and now he has a basketball camp this summer.

Did crews do any of this?

Did he really do any of that? Does landing below average d1 players count as recruiting? I know he went to his mandatory social events a couple times a season, but seems like ford has done more so far then crews did all last year.

I just watched a video of him on youtube and he looked impressive. One thing for sure, he has many different kinds of dunks and he can block shots.

There must be another Jalen Johnson. The one I saw looked better than the one in that mix tape.

There must be another Jalen Johnson. The one I saw looked better than the one in that mix tape.

There is a Jalen Johnson from High Point, NC (would have played with Harry Giles at Wesleyan Christian Academy) committed to Tennessee. He is a 6'6 SF with big time athleticism who was a fairly highly sought after recruit (3/4 star recruit).

I like the edit (I think that is what you call the image posted on the SLU Men's Basketball twitter account) announcing the commitment. I had been seeing recruits tweet images like that from bigger schools over the past few years, so good to see SLU doing the same.

I like the edit (I think that is what you call the image posted on the SLU Men's Basketball twitter account) announcing the commitment. I had been seeing recruits tweet images like that from bigger schools over the past few years, so good to see SLU doing the same.

Basic photoshop/paint 2 skills. Only thing this marketing bro is good at.