Platt got a new job

17 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I always thought Platt was not bad at what he did. Like the common saying goes: "How can you soar with the eagles when you are stuck among the turkeys?" I think Platt was surrounded by people that did not allow him to shine.

Platt was the worst coach on the staff. 

14 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

Has any other head coach put him in charge of recruiting, though?

He's been a head coach at both Charleston Southern & Ark Little Rock. Crews had him as an assistant at Army also. He's been around with assistant jobs at DePaul, FL State, and this is the second time at Tulsa.

Give the guy credit, he is a survivor.

9 hours ago, Deutschkind said:

Why'd you need to repeat what he said?

He said "best skill is getting people to hire him"   Nothing like I posted.  Convincing someone to hire you does not require that you kiss their ass - two different things entirely..

8 hours ago, cheeseman said:

He said "best skill is getting people to hire him"   Nothing like I posted.  Convincing someone to hire you does not require that you kiss their ass - two different things entirely..

I submit that Jim Platt's best skill is not kissing up.  Recruiting is primarily kissing up; he was obviously very poor at it with regard to the players who could sustain or elevate the program Rick Majerus began building.

On 7/16/2016 at 6:31 AM, cheeseman said:

My bad, sorry about the joke