Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

1 hour ago, hsmith19 said:

Yeah, that's what I'm going with too. More proof for GoryDaze that the Glory Days of Majerus are still relevant for this generation of high school kids.

I have no idea I ever said Majerus wasn't relevant? When do you think I was thinking of when I chose this name?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 7:36 PM, thetorch said:

They will have a big area matchup site undetermined, possibly Vashon or an Eastside team.

Road trips to Springfield, New England, and possibly Florida in the works.  

They may play a regional match as well in Chicago, Memphis, or Arkansas.

I can confirm through twitter WG participates in....

City of the Palms Tournament 

Bass Pro TOC 

Spaulding Hoophall Classic 

West Virginia Shootout 

Quincy Illinois Shootout 

Spoke to a Webster that confirmed Vashon @Webster's Roberts Gym. 

If Wiseman wants the spotlight, Webster is a great choice for him.

18 hours ago, RockHillWG said:

I can confirm through twitter WG participates in....

City of the Palms Tournament 

Bass Pro TOC 

Spaulding Hoophall Classic 

West Virginia Shootout 

Quincy Illinois Shootout 

Spoke to a Webster that confirmed Vashon @Webster's Roberts Gym. 

If Wiseman wants the spotlight, Webster is a great choice for him.

Plus, we could get an early look at a future Billiken front court

15 hours ago, LongLiveLisch said:

I really like what I'm seeing of this kid. We're his best offer to date, but I would imagine things are going to blow up soon. He's limited by his extremely thin frame right now, but his length (6-11 wingspan!) and skills (can run PG, outstanding shooter) are special. Extremely high ceiling here.

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

I really like what I'm seeing of this kid. We're his best offer to date, but I would imagine things are going to blow up soon. He's limited by his extremely thin frame right now, but his length (6-11 wingspan!) and skills (can run PG, outstanding shooter) are special. Extremely high ceiling here.

Great to hear.  Where is this guy from?  What school does he attend.  Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Old guy said:

My information is from Verbal Commits, where is yours from?

MacDuffie is a prep school; VC lists the kid's school and hometown, and those aren't necessarily the same place, especially when it comes to prep schools.

I try to account for this in the Recruiting Lists thread by putting the city and state the kid is from, the school, and the state the school is in, if the recruit attends a school that isn't in his hometown.

49 minutes ago, Pistol said:

MacDuffie is a prep school; VC lists the kid's school and hometown, and those aren't necessarily the same place, especially when it comes to prep schools.

I try to account for this in the Recruiting Lists thread by putting the city and state the kid is from, the school, and the state the school is in, if the recruit attends a school that isn't in his hometown.

MacDuffie is not in the same conference as Springfield Commonwealth (French's school) but it is close by so they played each other twice last season.  That was the only reason I brought up the Granby, MA connection.  Apologies for being obtuse (but MacDuffie was in Springfield, MA when I lived down there and Springfield Commonwealth bought the old MacDuffie campus after they built a new one--a bad tornado pushed them along).

20 minutes ago, kwyjibo said:

MacDuffie is not in the same conference as Springfield Commonwealth (French's school) but it is close by so they played each other twice last season.  That was the only reason I brought up the Granby, MA connection.  Apologies for being obtuse (but MacDuffie was in Springfield, MA when I lived down there and Springfield Commonwealth bought the old MacDuffie campus after they built a new one--a bad tornado pushed them along).

Image result for shawshank redemption obtuse quote

On 4/24/2017 at 11:43 PM, Glorydays2013 said:

I have no idea I ever said Majerus wasn't relevant? When do you think I was thinking of when I chose this name?

You got into an extended argument with me and about six other posters who pointed out that Goodwin, Gordon and others mentioned the Jett/Evans era when committing. You claimed the current coach is the only thing that matters at all to high school kids today (and cited as your sole piece of evidence that you understand kids today better than anyone, evidently since you have the mind of a child).

I'm not going to bother dragging up the old thread. I'm sure everyone who read it remembers.

On 4/25/2017 at 4:10 PM, Glorydays2013 said:

I guess some people don't like what I said about Zeke all season that they will just make stuff up now.

Here you go bringing up Zeke yet again in a thread that has nothing to do with him.

Obsessed, I tell you. ObSeSsEd.

HsSmith you're a joke. Obviously, Majerus years has an impact on recruits. Don't think I said those years never helped with recruiting. Players still commit to a coach though and Ford has done a better job in recruiting in his first year than any SLU coach in history

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

HsSmith you're a joke. Obviously, Majerus years has an impact on recruits. Don't think I said those years never helped with recruiting. Players still commit to a coach though and Ford has done a better job in recruiting in his first year than any SLU coach in history

Actually hsmith is a respected, longtime poster. 

You really don't need to tell any of us about the history of the program given you've only been around for 4 years.