Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

While trying to find out if SLU is actually scrimmaging IL St, I saw that Okoro and Hargrove are visiting IL St for homecoming this weekend.

hargrove is better than illinois state.   next year after a summer with the eagles his stock will rise.   

Just now, billiken_roy said:

hargrove is better than illinois state.   next year after a summer with the eagles his stock will rise.   

I was sort of surprised to see both Hargrove and Okoro were going to spend the weekend at IL St..  Okoro is from Normal, so that makes some sense.  

Another 5-star trimmed his list and removed SLU from consideration - Armando Bacot. Mostly bluebloods left on his list, and VCU, his local program (no love for the Spiders). He's also got UVA and VT.

Many more 2019 updates on the Recruiting Lists thread.

44 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

We will have three scholarships for this class, right? 

Assuming no transfers, it would actually be 4.

This season, Roby, Hines, and Anthony come off the books, and Gordon, Thatch, and Pearson come on.

Next season, Bess, Foreman, Henriquez, and Bishop would graduate.

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

This season, Roby, Hines, and Anthony come off the books, and Gordon, Thatch, and Pearson come on.

I wasn't sure about Bishop due to the potential medical redshirt. 

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I'm pretty sure they're confident Bishop won't be replaced until the 2020 class.

29 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I wasn't sure about Bishop due to the potential medical redshirt. 

27 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I'm pretty sure they're confident Bishop won't be replaced until the 2020 class.

Man, I forgot about that.

Which is why projecting scholarships is so difficult - so many moving pieces.

So then yes, 3 scholarships available if nothing else changes - but of course, things will change.

1 hour ago, billikens747 said:

Bishop played during his medical redshirt season right? How come Keith Carter wasn't granted his? 

A player can play in 30% of the teams games and still qualify for a Medical Redshirt.  Bishop played in 9 of 33.

The SLU BB Roster says that Welmer took a Medical Redshirt his Freshman Year.  So he only has one year used up.

5 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

How would people like to see this class shake out? I would love a class of Liddell, Collins and an elite shooter (Girard?). That's just based off videos and what I've heard though. I'd love to hear from those who have seen some of these kids play in person.

Liddell and McKinney are looking to play together 

5 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

How would people like to see this class shake out? I would love a class of Liddell, Collins and an elite shooter (Girard?). That's just based off videos and what I've heard though. I'd love to hear from those who have seen some of these kids play in person.

Shooting guard to replace Henriquez, small forward to replace Bess and a point guard to learn from Goodwin/Bishop.  I don't see any shooting guards leaning our way in 2019 who are as talented as Henriquez so hopefully we're able to pick up an impact transfer in the spring instead.  There's a talented kid from Virginia Beach named Michael Christmas who has already visited campus.  He will be a priority recruit. And everyone already knows about Yuri Collins.  There's isn't any going to be much time available at the point right away.  A local kid who projects as a mid-major+ recruit may be our best option.

6 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Every sophomore thinks this. Let’s see what happens 

Just passing on info.  That comes from one of the parents.  Mario and EJ are pretty close.  They share similar offers...they make the majority of their visits together.  Mario has a SLU offer but isn't being actively recruited.  Things can change tho.

• 2 weeks later...

SLU offer Grant Sherfield committed to UCLA, where he will team up with LaMelo Ball. UCLA is the only school with two top-60 2019 commitments.

I think it's safe to say SLU was never really in this one, but I cover every player with an offer or interest until it's official.

CBFan likes this

44 minutes ago, Pistol said:

SLU offer Grant Sherfield committed to UCLA, where he will team up with LaMelo Ball*. UCLA is the only school with two top-60 2019 commitments.

I think it's safe to say SLU was never really in this one, but I cover every player with an offer or interest until it's official.

* assuming LaMelo's dad doesn't screw up his amateurism and make him ineligible

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

SLU offer Grant Sherfield committed to UCLA, where he will team up with LaMelo Ball. UCLA is the only school with two top-60 2019 commitments.

you da man keep on keeping' on

15 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

I see McKinney offered on the various recruiting sites but not Liddell.  Is he not interested in SLU or what?

SLU has offered both. Mizzou is a heavy favorite for McKinney. Liddell is more open but wants or expects more high-level offers eventually. If they're looking to play together at the moment, that may change if bigger names come calling for Liddell.