Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

No it doesn't, it talks about an open gym last night. I don't see anything about them visiting with kids today.

first paragraph and first sentence of the second paragraph, 

"Kansas State coach Bruce Weber were among those who visited Belleville West on Monday to watch prized basketball prospect EJ Liddell during an open gym.

Former Southern Illinois University Carbondale coach Chris Lowery, an assistant at Kansas State, also was in attendance." 

TheA_Bomb likes this

4 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Cam'ron 6'6 wing.  Long defender who likes to attack the basket.  Good spot up 3pt shooter who's working on his shooting off the dribble.  Good rebounder who likes to dunk it whenever he gets the chance.  High energy kid. Kobe 6'5 guard.  Smooth and unselfish. Quiet kid.  At times this year he will play both guard positions as well as SF.  High upside.  Can run the offense as well as score.  As sophomores they both still have things to work on but after McKinney....they are next to blow up.  As for McKinney he hears from K State and Mizzou the most.  Michigan and Pitt are the latest to inquire.  He and Liddell have a trip to Iowa planned for next month.  

Did they visit K-State together too? Is that a package?

On 9/13/2017 at 8:06 AM, billiken_roy said:

first paragraph and first sentence of the second paragraph, 

"Kansas State coach Bruce Weber were among those who visited Belleville West on Monday to watch prized basketball prospect EJ Liddell during an open gym.

Former Southern Illinois University Carbondale coach Chris Lowery, an assistant at Kansas State, also was in attendance." 

Article says Monday any my post on 9/12 said today, which was Tuesday. Different days my friend.

3 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Know anything about Yuri's recruitment?

No.  But i honestly don't see him getting a ton of offers.  Great passer,  high basketball IQ but he's only around 5'10. He's the type of player that needs the ball in his hands.  A true point guard. Seems that Ford favors combo guards (Goodwin, Thatch).  Depends on what system Ford wants to implement as the talent level increases.  

On 9/16/2017 at 2:10 PM, Coach314 said:

No.  But i honestly don't see him getting a ton of offers.  Great passer,  high basketball IQ but he's only around 5'10. He's the type of player that needs the ball in his hands.  A true point guard. Seems that Ford favors combo guards (Goodwin, Thatch).  Depends on what system Ford wants to implement as the talent level increases.  

Ford has had a guy like this in his rotation at every stop over the last 20 years.

54 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Per sources (his Twitter account), Terrence Hargrove will play with the Eagles next summer. It will be interesting to see if his recruitment takes off next spring/summer as he gets increased exposure.

He looks like a Mizzou fan based on quick scroll through his timeline 

33 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

He looks like a Mizzou fan based on quick scroll through his timeline 

Apparently he grew up a huge Kansas fan, so if they end up offering the thought is he is a Jayhawk. Obviously KU recruits at a rather high level, so who knows the likelihood of him every getting an offer from them.

10 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Looks like SLU was checking on E.J. Liddell yesterday

This is at least the second time that SLU, Mizzou, and K-State have been out to see him this month. Purdue is a new visitor.

I wonder if Missouri State, Wright State, and SIUE are there for one of his teammates, like Malachi Smith. In fact, I'm almost positive they are; he has offers from Missouri State, Lindenwood, Denver, and Montana State.

On 9/19/2017 at 11:59 AM, TheChosenOne said:

Per sources (his Twitter account), Terrence Hargrove will play with the Eagles next summer. It will be interesting to see if his recruitment takes off next spring/summer as he gets increased exposure.

That team will be loaded.  Heard Wiseman is coming back.  Add Francis, Liddell, Hargrove, McKinney and Yuri to that and they should do very well.  BBE and others have been trying to get Hargrove for a couple years now.  His mother remained loyal to the local team he was playing on tho.  I think Hargrove is primed for a big summer.

6 hours ago, Pistol said:

This is at least the second time that SLU, Mizzou, and K-State have been out to see him this month. Purdue is a new visitor.

I wonder if Missouri State, Wright State, and SIUE are there for one of his teammates, like Malachi Smith. In fact, I'm almost positive they are; he has offers from Missouri State, Lindenwood, Denver, and Montana State.

I heard Belleville West has like 7 transfers ...including Malachi who came over from Belleville East.  Heard they will be pretty good this year.